PDA

View Full Version : Weed Eating Appearel

sglawn
03-07-2004, 07:42 PM
hey,
I have seen some shinguard looking things for guys who wear shorts when they mow, and you can put on these shinguards when you are weed eating to portect your legs, but maily just to stay a little cleaner. If anyone knows what company makes them or sells them, or even knows where i can get any, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Zach

Lawn Dog2001
03-07-2004, 07:45 PM
Check www.wechapps.com. They are a sponcer here at LawnSite.

sglawn
03-07-2004, 07:59 PM
hey lawndog i really appreciate it

bobbygedd
03-07-2004, 08:12 PM
shinguards? chaps? is this ballet, or grasscutting? cmon man, i can weedwack at full throttle wearing nothing but socks and underwear(and glasses of course).

Runner
03-07-2004, 08:44 PM
I wear the chaps for trimming, not so much to stop all the knicking, cutting and bruising on my legs (although it IS nice), but because it stops all the grass from going down into my boots, and when I get done at the end of the day, my socks (and boots) aren't all green. These are very helpful, and worth every penny.

CNE
03-07-2004, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by bobbygedd
shinguards? chaps? is this ballet, or grasscutting? cmon man, i can weedwack at full throttle wearing nothing but socks and underwear(and glasses of course).

He says grinning through his three remaining teeth with blood running down his legs from the shrapnel lodged in his shins. No seriously, anyone mowing or trimming in shorts is asking for trouble. Not only is it hazardous, but your legs will get plastered with grass juice and clippings. Think about how that looks to your next client. I wear jeans. When the grass dries, most of it brushes right off.

TJLC
03-07-2004, 09:26 PM
I tried wearing shorts ONCE. Call me wimpy but that was enough for me. I wear lightweight pants now.

Randy Scott
03-07-2004, 09:37 PM
If you hold the trimmer on the left side of your body, virtually nothing touches your legs. Otherwise, just grin and bear it.:eek:

ElephantNest
03-07-2004, 09:59 PM
Well, down here it's like this:

Wear jeans or pants in the middle of summer, good luck getting a full day in. It's not going to happen. 100+ with 98% humidity, in the shade.

Shorts or nothing. My legs have taken the abuse for years and years, don't feel a thing any more. I get home and I'm a bit bloody, and knicked, but who cares? I made it through a whole day without passing out in a client's yard.

How does this look to my next client? Like I'm sane. They know how hot it is.

Shorts and no trimmer guard = production.

bobbygedd
03-07-2004, 11:09 PM
NO TRIMMER GUARD? my man got a set of nuts. i have to draw the line somewhere. i need the guard.

Shady Brook
03-08-2004, 12:09 AM
Trimmer guards are the first thing off my trimmers. I am with Elephant,... No pain no gain! I am gonna get dirty, and I am gonna feel pain, so I might as well wear shorts and be a bit cooler. Long as I have my eye protection, and my Peltor's I am just fine.

Jay

SUPERIOR Lawn Design
03-08-2004, 12:45 AM
Allright men! Why dont we bone up and remove those pesky windshields from our manly trucks to increase ventilation on those hot summer days!!! Who needs em!? Not us!

ElephantNest
03-08-2004, 01:31 AM
Uh......cause I have A/C?

lawnman_scott
03-08-2004, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by ElephantNest
Well, down here it's like this:

Wear jeans or pants in the middle of summer, good luck getting a full day in. It's not going to happen. 100+ with 98% humidity, in the shade.

Shorts or nothing. My legs have taken the abuse for years and years, don't feel a thing any more. I get home and I'm a bit bloody, and knicked, but who cares? I made it through a whole day without passing out in a client's yard.

How does this look to my next client? Like I'm sane. They know how hot it is.

Shorts and no trimmer guard = production. Exactly, and guess what. When the grass dries, you can brush it off your legs, just like off pants. I think i wore pants 3 times this year.

SUPERIOR Lawn Design
03-08-2004, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by ElephantNest
Uh......cause I have A/C?

A/C? We don need no steenkin A/C!!!

Runner
03-08-2004, 01:48 AM
LOL!!!!:D Now THAT's real humor! I think spirits are rising!

Harry0
03-08-2004, 07:38 AM
We remove the guards. I wear chaps, glasses and worktunes . The guys laugh at me, call me a wimp but I have nice legs-lol-Harry

FFMED74
03-08-2004, 08:56 AM
I wear light pants, khaki style, in blue, don't wear shorts for anything, except to sleep in. Guys at the fire station give me a hard time cause I play b-ball in sweats in the middle of the hot/humid summer. I don't buy the passing out stuff if you don't wear shorts, drink water and get used to it. The boys in Iraq aren't fighting in their undies out there, they are fully clothed and carrying gear....You wear shorts because you want to not because you have too. LOL

bobbygedd
03-08-2004, 10:11 AM
great idea. this year i'm cutting the guard off the wacker, and goin out in nuttin but jock strap and sneakers. i'll post a pic

crawdad
03-08-2004, 10:35 AM
great idea. this year i'm cutting the guard off the wacker, and goin out in nuttin but jock strap and sneakers. i'll post a pic
Don't forget the hat. It can get hot out there, and you have dangerously few brain cells left.
Crawdad, wearing steel toed flip flops, shorts, and a big hat

proenterprises
03-08-2004, 01:14 PM
i can trim in shorts, but it does mess with your legs. i wear jeans everyday and their has never been a severe issue with the heat. i dont mind getting dirty, its what i love about cutting grass.

Runner
03-08-2004, 09:43 PM
Ah,......we'll take your word for it.....:blob1:

gogetter
03-09-2004, 07:12 AM
So far I'm with Elephantnest on this one. Jeans are way too hot! Removed trimmer gaurd is lighter and faster.

I don't mind the knicked or grass covered legs, but I do hate the green socks at the end of the day!.
The leg chapps would solve this problem, but I gotta be honest, my cool guy ego gets in the way and I think I'd get some strange looks from people. I know, I'm shallow!
:rolleyes: :cool: