PDA

View Full Version : Bought this on ebay

ColePyck
03-07-2004, 11:38 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2383313111&category=50377&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBDW%3AIT&rd=1

Talked to the seller, shes will sell to me for 1150. Is this a pretty good deal it has about 800 hours on it, Im just starting out and was told I would need a 36 for some backyards that have fences. How did I do?:confused:

ElephantNest
03-08-2004, 12:28 AM
Not bad I guess. Scags are beasts, should last you a long time. Personally, I wouldn't have paid more than 800 for it, being a belt drive. But like I said, tough machine, will make you your money back in no time.

BrianK10
03-08-2004, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by ElephantNest
Not bad I guess. Scags are beasts, should last you a long time. Personally, I wouldn't have paid more than 800 for it, being a belt drive. But like I said, tough machine, will make you your money back in no time.

I agree.

charlies
03-08-2004, 07:11 PM
when i was looking for a mower that would fit through the gates on a number of our properties, we initially thought that a 36" would be perfect, as many of the gates were 3 feet wide. ah....not so. fortunately, i took a tape measure with me. the decks on 36" mowers are wider than 36". it is the cut that is 36", not the outer width of the deck. we got a 32" metro. everyone was so happy to get rid of the freaking murray push mower.

Green Care
03-08-2004, 07:20 PM
Go for it not a bd price.

Darryl G
03-08-2004, 07:52 PM
Just wondering, if you bought it for $1,150, why is the highest bid listed as $1,126 and reserve not met?

If you bought it from the seller without going through the ebay bidding process, that's a big no, no. Against the rules.

ColePyck
03-08-2004, 08:42 PM
are you kidding me? Call the ebay police on me buddy, don't answer my question followed by questions of your own. I was high bid at 1126 he offered to sell it to me for 1150.

Darryl G
03-08-2004, 09:44 PM
Look punk! You've got a lot of nerve telling me what to do. I suggest you and all the other newbie brats learn your place.

I hope the think is a piece of crap and dollars you to death, running you out of business.

ColePyck
03-09-2004, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by darryl gesner
Look punk! You've got a lot of nerve telling me what to do. I suggest you and all the other newbie brats learn your place.

I hope the think is a piece of crap and dollars you to death, running you out of business.

right.....the G is 3 keys over on your keyboard too, sir. I hope to hire you someday too, or just buy you and make you wash my equipment and vehicles.

Darryl G
03-09-2004, 01:54 AM
Punk. Sorry about the typo. Get over it.

You're comments were rude and totally uncalled for, especially from someone who is new here. You need to learn to respect the established members here and not freak out and tell people what they can or can't do just because they ask a simple question.

FYI- I wasn't trying to hassle you. I was just confused, since it didn't look like there was a winner bidder, and the way you worded your post (shes will sell it to me for 1150) , it wasn't clear if you had bought it or not.

BTW - The ebay rules are there to protect buyers and sellers. What are you going to do if the deal goes sour? At least if you go through ebay you have some protection and recourse if the deal goes bad.

A public apology from you would be nice, but I'm sure you're not man enough to admit that you were wrong.

ColePyck
03-09-2004, 02:33 AM
Your not my dad, and your not ebay. Its wonderful that your concerned about me getting screwed on ebay, but dad Im all grown up now, I can take care of myself and my own transactions. I just don't like people to pry in my business. This forum is about information, just because you have been a member here longer, does that mean you can talk down to me? The topic at hand was asking if I got a good deal on a item that was offered to me, I did not care if you approved of how the transaction took place.
BTW I just sold a motorcycle on ebay, the high bidder flaked out, so I sold it to another bidder(don't tell) the only recourse ebay offered to me was sending him a invoice reminder. They let this kid bid on a 8100 bike with no feedback and not even a valid name or phone number.

Darryl G
03-09-2004, 02:39 AM
You don't get it. You didn't make it clear if you bought the machine. You said "Talked to the seller, shes will sell to me for 1150." With a sentence like that, you've got a lot of nerve giving me a hard time about striking one wrong key.

Sorry to inform you, but when someone replies to a post on a PUBLIC FORUM they are not prying in your business. Get used to it.

Keep it up and I may take you up on your invitation to report it to ebay.

BTW - There's about 10 grammar and spelling errors in your last post. Would you like me to point them out to you?

chuckwk
03-09-2004, 12:11 PM
You guys ruined this thread... forget eBay .. you are breaking LawnSite.com rules.