PDA

View Full Version : hearing protection

MikeMaupin
03-08-2004, 08:44 AM
Does anyone use hearing protection with a built in radio and if so does it do the job for protection and tunes ? I happened to see a pair of these at Wal Mart for about $50. I use hearing protection on a regular basis and thought it would be nice to have the protection and the tunes at the same time.If you guys know of any other brand of these that do the job please let me know how they are and if anyone knows the scoop on these please give me your input.Thanks

dishboy
03-08-2004, 08:58 AM
I use my Stihl ear muffs with sony earbuds. Works great, protects my hearing, and I do not have to raise the volume excessively to hear the music. I run the wire under my shirt to my back pocket.
Tom

FFMED74
03-08-2004, 09:00 AM
I do something similar. I took an older set of walkman headphones, broke the speaker end off and they fit right inside mu ear muffs, and I have no problem hearing the music/talk radio I listen too, much cheaper too!

twins_lawn_care
03-08-2004, 09:39 AM
Hey Mike,
I am guessing that what you saw were the Peltor worktunes, which have gotten lots of compliments on this site. Do a search for "worktunes" or "work tunes" and lots should come up. Elvex is another brand, but the worktunes seem to be reasonable at $50. I think I'll be trying a pair this year, as $50 is nothing to spend on your personal protection. You only get 1 body!

swonkeg
03-08-2004, 10:00 AM
I bought the pelters from wal-mart 2 months ago. Love them.
FYI: Check the clearence aisle-got mine brand new unopened for $20.00

LawnMower
03-08-2004, 11:47 AM
I have a good set of ear muffs from a power tool place. Then I got some clip on ear speakers. I just stuff them into the ear muffs. I run the wire down the front of my shirt to the small radio clipped onto my belt.

If I'm sitting on the rider, I but the radio on the front. If I'm standing, then I put it around back.

proenterprises
03-08-2004, 12:54 PM
i got the pair out of northern tool. the are yellow and called RELAX FM or somthing similar. they are nice, however, i think the rexeption is weak. i have a hard time getting some stations.

also, the batteries pop out frequently and the speaker pushes on you ear on one side. they are a little outdated maybe, and were over 100.00 at the time.

ill be looking for a new pair soon.