PDA

View Full Version : toolbox necessities

mr. k
03-08-2004, 09:26 AM
hey guys,

this being my first mowing season out on my own, i was wondering what you would not leave home without as far as replacement parts, tools etc... i did some leaf jobs in the fall, and there were quite a few things that i didn't have on the job that could have been useful. thanks for the input.

BrianK10
03-08-2004, 03:23 PM
Depends on the equipment you have.

DUSTYCEDAR
03-08-2004, 03:43 PM
fire extinguisher and most small tool kits from craftsman work well

charlies
03-08-2004, 06:05 PM
spare blades and a wrench or socket to change them out. allen wrenches, cotters and pins, electrical tape, razor knife, hammer, pipe wrench, sandpaper, chisel, . portable air, rope. grease gun (don't forget a velke has to be lubed every single day).

John Gamba
03-08-2004, 06:59 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by mr. k
[B]hey guys,

this being my first mowing season out on my own, i was wondering what you would not leave home without as far as replacement parts, tools etc... i did some leaf jobs in the fall, and there were quite a few things that i didn't have on the job that could have been useful. thanks for the input.

A bottle opener!!

hole in one lco
03-08-2004, 07:44 PM
don't forget sh%t paper i keep it in the truck and my golf bag

you never think about it until you need it

charlies
03-08-2004, 07:57 PM
another good thing to have is a metal box of some kind for reciepts and any payments recieved while on the job. pockets are not the best place in 100 degree weather.

grass_cuttin_fool
03-08-2004, 07:57 PM
spare spark plugs, trimmer line, 2 cycle oil, almost everything you can think of and then you will need something you dont have, ohhhhhhh spare tire and a bottle jack

straightlinelawns
03-17-2004, 11:44 PM
i always keep a spare spool full of string for the trimmer, saves time and hassle, first aid kit, bungy cords,tie downs, and some grocery bags to cover the trimmers and edgers in case you get stuck in the rain.edger blades and regular hand tools. maybe a spare key to get in your truck. s##t happens!!!