PDA

View Full Version : Working on Logo/Name, Like/Dislike

nwknight
03-08-2004, 10:49 AM
Check out my logo and logo, please let me know if it has potential.

jajwrigh
03-08-2004, 02:23 PM
The graphic looks "echa-sketchi."

levellawncare
03-09-2004, 06:34 PM
You may want to try getting a professional to do it for you. You can give them what you have and they will work with it. I'm getting one done myself as we speak. I'm using designoutpost.com You may want to check into it. It's worth the money.

Team Gopher
03-10-2004, 07:23 PM
Hi NWknight,

You can visit our artists gallery (http://www.gophergraphics.com/index.cgi?page=artists). Maybe one of the many designs will inspire you.

twins_lawn_care
03-11-2004, 08:43 AM
I think the "concept" looks good, but getting it done professionally from here would be a great idea.
Also, one comment I had, was you use "TerrE" in the picture, but "Terr-A" in the saying? Maybe try to stay consistant with this.
Goper's team has come up with some really good logos on here, maybe you can give them a try.

nwknight
03-11-2004, 11:12 AM
Hey guys, thank you for the input, went by (thanks Gopher)Team Gopher and here is my next revision, what do you think?

the name i was trying to link terra and escape and scape

Terr-E-Scape
Terr-A-Scape

which do you like?

I am an sketch artist of twenty years, I should be able to come up with something good:o

nwknight
03-11-2004, 11:23 AM
the fuzziness is from using ms paint, gonna redo it on coraldraw, tonight, bmp looks good but too big, jpg fuzzy, gif no stripes:confused:

twins_lawn_care
03-11-2004, 12:57 PM
The overall impression I get is that your mower is not very nice to you lawn. This may be subliminal, but people want to feel like their lawn's are being babied by us, and you mower looks like it will tear right through it! And terror as a theme just kind of adds to that feeling I get.
I may be stretching this a bit, but people, let me know if you get that impression too?
I also think, whatever your design, your name needs to be A LOT BIGGER, so people will read it and recognice it.
I like the drawing per say, but maybe you can come up with a "nice" mower.
Hope my comments are helping, and hopefully others will help you out too!

jajwrigh
03-11-2004, 02:24 PM
I agree it might make some customers nervous. Would you get you oil changed by a company that had cracked pistons and broken connecting rods as their logo? (For those who don't understand, this signafies a blown engine!)

nwknight
03-11-2004, 02:33 PM
Guess you all are right, trying to make a more friendly looking mower,

btw, I think i am going to go with Terra*Scape

Trying for terra firma/ground but was worried about being to close to Terrascape landscaping software name.

Thanks for ideas, keep em coming.

nwknight
03-17-2004, 09:50 AM
Well here is the next version of my logo, please critique

Thanx in Adv.

twins_lawn_care
03-17-2004, 11:06 AM
One thing I like about it is the background, and grass lines. The rest, honestly does not look professional at all. It looks like a cartoon drawing, which isn't always bad, but usually doesn't work well. The other thing is you are advertising a riding homeowner-like lawn mower. It sort of takes away more from your professional image. I admit, it does look "nicer" than the last one, but it may be worth submitting what you have to a graphic designer, and letting them take it from here.
Also, the name needs to be BIG! You can hardly read it as it is now.

Don't mean to come across nit picky, but you have to remember this is the image that is going to help get your ciustomers' attention and have them remember your company.

nwknight
03-17-2004, 03:03 PM
:D Heres another

hole in one lco
03-17-2004, 03:12 PM
Heres what i came up with for you not the best but a little more professional. imo

twins_lawn_care
03-17-2004, 03:57 PM
I like the idea better nwknight. maybe you can have someone draw up a mower like the one you copied and pasted to fit in with your scenery a bit more. The name is bigger, but you want people to be able to read it, so I'd say bigger, or clearer.