PDA

View Full Version : Critique My Enclosed Trailer Design

studentlawn
03-08-2004, 03:49 PM
I have recently made this design for my enclosed trailer. Tell me what you think.

Sam

studentlawn
03-08-2004, 03:50 PM
ill try this again, the writing is hard to read.

cgland
03-08-2004, 04:17 PM
Looks great! That's a sweet a$$ trailer.

Chris

laborador
03-08-2004, 04:25 PM
how big is it and can you put a lot of branches and stuff in it along with your equipment.

GarPA
03-08-2004, 04:52 PM
VERY nice....you want to consider 2 tweaks:

1. make all of the nice lettering to the right of the logo, BIGGER

2. and for sure, the reason you are going to this expense of lettering it so nicely is what?? I would imagine, so people CALL YOU.....I would change the phone number to white or at least make it much bigger than it is right now...it should jump out of the signage

Your lettering reaks of "we're a prefessional operation"

studentlawn
03-08-2004, 05:51 PM
I will make the alter the lettering and make phone number white with green outline or something. question for you GarPA. I want us to sound professional, but you use the term reaks, which sounds negative. Did you mean that comment in a negative way?

Thanks,
Sam

T Edwards
03-08-2004, 06:00 PM
My question is: "Which is it, student or professional ?"

studentlawn
03-08-2004, 06:07 PM
Its 20 x 8. I love it. Thought I wouldnt recommend it you can put a ton of leaves and branches in it.

studentlawn
03-08-2004, 06:34 PM
What I want to do is break the conception that it is eaither/or. Just becuase we are student's doesnt mean we also can't be professionals.

GarPA
03-08-2004, 06:39 PM
no no...bad choice of words I used....I just meant that it looks very professional

Lux Lawn
03-08-2004, 06:39 PM
It looks nice but like the other guys said to change the phone number I think I would make the number bigger as well.

BSDeality
03-08-2004, 10:32 PM
are you planning on being a "student" forever? you want to do just lawncare? perhaps you might think about using a more open-ended business name.

Randy Scott
03-08-2004, 11:00 PM
Are you really bonded?

mklawnman
03-09-2004, 12:17 AM
Its a nice trailer, but are you always going to have that name of "Student Lawns?" Because you arent going to be a student all your life. And if you decide to change your name down the road people arent going to know who you are. They will think your someone new.
Get a more business like name get rid of the student part, you can always say your a student when you talk to your customers individually.
Just my thought, heck i should be called a Student Landscaper too im in school, just playing :p im 20 right now and goin to school.
I'd agree get your number in bigger lettering and change it to white, you want it to stand out.
You plan on doin this yourself or you goin to a professional? Because id ask them to draw something up too. Thats what im doing with my trailer, they know how to make it be an eyecatcher.
Matt

studentlawn
03-09-2004, 01:21 AM
Randy... just thought it went with being insured, honestly I wasnt sure what it meant, want to fill me in?... Well I plan on being a student for 4 - 6 more years at least. Actually my longterm plan was to franchise my name and a starter kit out to incoming college freshmen as a business oppurtunity to stay debt free out of college. That's on idea, another one is dedicating my business to some type of educational fund, where i gave so much a year or something. Just some thoughts. Changing the name has something ive given alot of debate to, but i've decided that I want to keep the name for now.

mklawnman
03-09-2004, 01:30 AM
Being insured isnt the same as being bonded. I know somewhat about bonding and such. And bonding is a whole different issue, its about money to cover for things if say things go bad and its your responsiblity that things or people get paid.
I know someone else will define more what bonding is, or just do a search on it.
But i wouldnt put bonded on ur trailer unless u are bonded.
But yeah i can see what you mean about your company you wanna donate it to a educational fund and all. Just remember tho to cover your overhead tho first before donating. Its great to do that, good tax write off just make sure you got the money. Also can you handle doing some type of educational program and running your business?? I dont know totally what you wanna do with your business or not. IMO i would change the name. But it is your company.
Matt

GarPA
03-09-2004, 08:19 AM
trust me on this, I know a thing or two about the insurance industry and you DO NOT need to be bonded. Most bonds are "performance bonds" meaning if a contractor goes belly up while building your office bldg, the insurance company provides the funds to hire another contractor to finish the job acording to the original plans. In the green biz, it really isn't necessary.

THis is a very simplistic explanation of bonding...your ins agent can tell you much more.

ps..if you do large commercial landscape/hardscape jobs, your customer may require a bond but it doesn't sound like you are doing that kind of work

johnbast3
03-10-2004, 07:18 PM
Looks very nice..Take away the free ad for Haulmark,and it will be perfect..