PDA

View Full Version : Check Out my Website

studentlawn
03-09-2004, 11:08 AM
Im excited it's almost finished... www.studentlawnpro.com/new its probably 80% I am changing some of the texts. but check it out and tell me anything significant you see or that could be done better.
thanks,
Sam

studentlawn
03-09-2004, 11:10 AM
p.s. thanks for all those guys who donated photos

art
03-09-2004, 03:48 PM
Your site looks pretty good. It loads fast, which is important. I noticed that you do not have any META tags in the head - search engines look at the META description tag, so I would put one in if I were you.

Also, from a strictly marketing point of view, I would get rid of the big logo in the middle of the page. It looks nice but people go online for information, so you want to put the information they're looking for front and center. I would get rid of the scrolling text (a lot of people don't like scrolls) and just put the same words in regular text starting where the big logo is now. Maybe expand on the text a little, telling more about you and your services.

One last thing, I notice all the text is 8 pt. which is kind of small for nearsighted old fogies like me. Maybe go to 12 pt. Oh, and specials is spelled wrong on your navigation area on left of the page.

This is just my 2 cents. I hope it doesn't seem like I'm picking your site appart, because it is really good.

studentlawn
03-09-2004, 04:17 PM
Trust me, im not offended, thanks for all your comments, that what im looking for, im only one view point so i need others. Im actually not doing the site myself, so ill carry these concerns over to my designer. Keep them coming

dcwalker
03-09-2004, 04:25 PM
That is a nice web site. I agree with art, the scoll text should go, but over all it looks good and is very informative.

GreenTurf
03-09-2004, 05:35 PM
student lawn,
Great website. I think the scroll is great. It kinda adds a little character to the page. I read it for the first time and it was a bit too fast. slow it down just a tad. I agree with some above posts. logo is no good in center. Its a great logo, but not in center. definately alow customers to read important info on main page, like a mission statement or what company is about. Add a little color too. Looks kinda bland. Very professional site though. Lots of info and you are very detailed. If you are a perfectionist and have a couple bucks lying around you might want to look into this web site www.designoutpost.com. Artist can design a home page for you. Costs around like $85. Good Luck and I would like to check it out after any modifications you make to it.

ksland
03-09-2004, 06:07 PM
Very nice, "landscape" is mispelled on the about us page

studentlawn
03-10-2004, 12:53 AM
i've used designoutpost.com for flyers, awsome site. well i have a designer doing this already, im sure he will make any changes i see necessary

Sam

Team Gopher
03-10-2004, 07:27 PM
Hi studentlawn,

I like your web site icon buttons. Your site looks good.