PDA

View Full Version : Need help with bid for mulch/ re edging!!

GreaterMilwLawnscape
03-09-2004, 05:50 PM
Hey landscapers,

I have a property that i need to re-edge approximently 950 feet and clean up all the debris to make it look clean, then i have to mulch it with 50 yards of hardwood mulch. Can you give me a rough idea of what you would charge for this??? Thank you !!!!

LB Landscaping
03-09-2004, 06:07 PM
We get $55 per yard installed for straight mulch no edging or prep work. How bad are the edges???

GreaterMilwLawnscape
03-09-2004, 06:11 PM
lot of work, not clean and customer is looking for a clean edge. edges right now are all grass and are running into beds

IndyPropertyCare
03-10-2004, 04:23 AM
This is taking into consideration you have all the tools needed::

$.85 per foot bed edging
$35.00 hr clean out beds
$ 50.00 per yd. mulch installed
$ 250.00 disposal fee ( yard waste )

LawnScapers of Dayton
03-10-2004, 06:10 AM
Are you a solo op or will you have help with the mulch? That for me would be a good job to outsource to a mulch blower truck. The bed edging is not really a big deal if you have the right tools, ie: a Bedscaper or a Brown Bed edger. I would just bill the cleanup at your normal hourly rate and then, as stated above, bill whatever you need to for debris disposal...

Good Luck....

Derek

Randy Scott
03-10-2004, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by IndyPropertyCare
This is taking into consideration you have all the tools needed::

$.85 per foot bed edging

Not happening around here.
At 85 cents a foot that would be $807.50. Those beds can be edged with a Brown Bededger in about two hours max. Kick the pulverized topsoil it creates back into the beds, and mulch over it. Just like new. You don't want to haul away the nice soil that machine makes. Spread it back around the beds. Proper layer of mulch and the weeds should stay under control. We always apply a weed control product when mulching anyways so we are covered.

Stihl036pro
03-10-2004, 09:00 PM
50 cents a foot seems to work out for me, That is with the bed edger.

gogetter
03-11-2004, 06:06 AM
Do you have to do a lot of weeding too, or just re-edge?
How far are the beds from where the mulch will be dumped?
Is the ground relatively flat?

All of these would affect the price considerably. Hard to give a price without knowing these.

FWIW, I've rented a BedScaper by EZ-Trench (not to be consused with the BedShaper).
I rented it from Home Depot for like $45 if I remember correctly.
This thing makes FAST work of edges. I think I did a 100' edge in about 5 minutes. Then maybe another 5 minutes to go back and rake the loose soil back into the beds.

So your 950' would take about 1.5 hours roughly.
Rental fee + pick up/return time + 1.5/hrs of labor and I'd be right around $130-140 just for just the re-edging.

The mulching could range from $60-75 per yard depending on circumstances.
And weeding would run $40 per man hour.

GreaterMilwLawnscape
03-11-2004, 11:52 AM
Its relatively flat. I have my own bededger, so i wont be renting any equipment. Approximently 50 yards of mulch. The only thing we need to be careful with is they have a irrigation system and im not sure where the heads are. otherwise please give me a grand total. theres maybe a few hours of weeding, but i will throw down a bag of snapshot to prevent weeds from growing. Even though it takes how long to use the bed edger there is alot of prep work getting that topsoil that it produces out of there so that we have a nice clean edge. thanks