PDA

View Full Version : Trailer size

LawnRangerofColumbus
03-10-2004, 10:35 PM
I have just gone off on my own for this mowing season. But, I am needing to buy a new trailer to fit at 52" Scag zero turn and a 48" Scag walk behind. I have been keeping my blowers, edgers and weeders in my truck. I am looking at a 14' to 16' trailer. Anyone from Indiana have any luck with local dealers for trailers. Thank you very much

FrankenScagMachines
03-11-2004, 10:20 PM
Hey! I'm from Columbus too! Who are you? I'm Eric Canady, age 17 and owner of Cutting Edge Lawn Care. Your setup does not sound familiar... You may recognize my truck- white 1990 Ford F250 2wd with chrome wheels, black out light covers and dual exhaust (loud). I have a red 6x12 open trailer, eXmark hydro walk behind 52", etc. Where is most of your work at? If you want feel free to call or email me we can meet sometime.
eric@cuttingedgelawncare.biz
ph. 378-9729

LawnRangerofColumbus
03-12-2004, 12:36 AM
Eric, I have been mowing for the past two years with a partner. But because of schedules I have had to go off on my own. I work for the Indiana State Police. My name is Gary Thalls. So this year I am on my own. I mostly have residental but three commercial accounts. I would like to get a couple more. I have never done any advertising, just all word of mouth. It has done very well for me.
Your business is probably a good job to get you ready for college or just a full time job. There is lots of grass to cut in Columbus no one wants to do it themselves. Hard for me to believe I get paid to do what I love to do. It has been a good part-time job for me. My wife stays at home with our three children. So this gives us the extra money to do special things.

feel free to email me at gthalls@iquest.net
my mobile tx is 350-0514

sodzilla
03-12-2004, 01:40 AM
I bet Eric wishes he didn't mention that loud exhaust thing now. After finding out you are a State Trooper. I also know that in WI the dark headlight covers aren't legal either. I don't know about IN. LOL

I would go with the 16'. I always figure it's better to have too big, rather than not big enough.

grass_cuttin_fool
03-12-2004, 07:34 AM
Im thinkin the samething as sodzilla, he he he better make good friends with him eric ( joking)

FrankenScagMachines
03-12-2004, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by sodzilla
I bet Eric wishes he didn't mention that loud exhaust thing now. After finding out you are a State Trooper. I also know that in WI the dark headlight covers aren't legal either. I don't know about IN. LOL

Oh holy crap! I just seen that!! LOL.... well if there's anything illegal about my truck, the cops in Columbus sure as heck ain't doing their job! They have had lots of opportunity to pull me over...:rolleyes:

Mr DanO
03-13-2004, 08:53 PM
I wouldn't worry about him being a state trooper after 25 years as an over th road truck driver I would say that Indiana has some of the best troopers out there.