mdmowerman
03-11-2004, 12:42 AM
what is this product exactly?
where can i get it?
how easy is it to use?

what effects does it have on flowers??

sodzilla
03-11-2004, 01:12 AM
It is a selective preemergent herbicide for certain broadleaf weeds and annual grasses in landscape ornamentals, gound cover, container grown ornamentals ect. You should be able to get it at any supplier. You can use a broadcast spreader, drop spreader, or hand shaker. It will kill annuals. So if your flowers are annuals don't use it. My supplier says the first year you can expect 75% results. And 95% the 2nd year.

Five Star Lawn Care LLC
03-11-2004, 10:22 AM
as long as the flowers are exsisting then you will not have a problem. what this product does is stop seed germination, it works well, you can also try Preen ive found they work very similar

Lux Lawn
03-11-2004, 11:50 AM
I buy Snapshot at Lesco much more expensive then Preen but it works great.

mdmowerman
03-11-2004, 04:45 PM
sooo would preen be better to use if the customer was planting anuals???

are there any other possibilities other then preen, snapshot, or round-up. i dont think roundup would work b.c its not hot enough???? i dunno, anyone on that??/

im looking for a way to get rid of weedy flower beds w.o having to worry about the customer caling me back and complaining in a few weeks after i mulch.

Five Star Lawn Care LLC
03-11-2004, 04:58 PM
preen or snapshot would do the trick....there basically made up of alot of the same chemicals..and do about the same job..

if there is no desirable plan tlife in the mulch bed then i would say hit the weeds hard with round-up before you install the mulch. Just be carefull you dont go stepping the the round-up then decide you want to go grab a pop from the truck or something and go walking across there lawn....then you will really have a pissed off customer.