PDA

View Full Version : Need alternative advertising suggestions

CRM Lawncare
03-11-2004, 09:06 AM
I'm new for 2004. I have placed flyers in every public place in my town that will allow it. Pust out close to 500 flyers in all major subdivisions. Have made cold calls to several business in town. Still not one single call for estimates. I'm in NC and we're about 2 weeks from starting to mow. I need advice on other ways to drum up business.

Thanks,

Charlie

jajwrigh
03-11-2004, 02:27 PM
Here is a quick list of ideas for you:
Talk to family, friends, members of your church
Doorhangers
Newspaper
Sign on truck and/or trailer
website

You need at least one then you can rely of some word of mouth.
Remember that some people like to call the day they want their yard mowed!

Scott37
03-11-2004, 06:07 PM
Here is a Way that I drumbed up buisness in S.W. Fla
Go to a realty office that has property management, introduce yourself and your services, be polite, Clean cut.
Try to find out what they are paying for service now, and try to match them or low ball em just to get in the door, Then once they see what you can do the calls will keep on coming

jajwrigh
03-11-2004, 06:16 PM
Don't lowball! That is tempting at times, perhaps, but don't do it! I don't think that was very good advice. Low ballers drive the prices down for all of us!!!

Scott37
03-11-2004, 06:24 PM
I am not Saying to Drop the price to much, maybee 5 bucks just to get in the door, Do you have any idea what we go through down here there are at least 100 Companies without Licenses or insurance that low ball us all the time, But the people always come back because we provide better service and we have a licence and insurance.
Believe me I know it is not good to do but when you are just getting started you have to do what it takes, Sorry if I Pi--- you off

jajwrigh
03-11-2004, 06:26 PM
Actually its Pi----, but who cares....Scotty I am not mad at all. Why would I be? I just want newer guys to have exposure to good, quality advice for their own benefit. Sorry if I came across rude!!