PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi

djlawn
03-11-2004, 10:42 AM
Does anybody have any opinions on the Mitsubishi or Izuzu trucks. I am thinking about purchasing a new truck and I like the cabover design, but don't know much about them. They are both cabovers. I think that would be nice for plowing to see better what you are doing. They nice thing for the summer is they have a shorter wheelbase and can put a 10 foot dump box on. How reliable and cost effective to run are they in relation to a ford f550 or chevy equivelant?

SherrillsfordLS
03-12-2004, 10:18 PM
I Have a 2000 Nissan Cabover UD 1200 4-cylinder turbo diesel with s 16ft landscape bed. I really like my truck it does real well. I get about 13mpg towing my equipment around town. What I like best is the turning radius and how easily you can manuver in tight areas. I got a good buy on my truck, bought it new in the fall of 2001 from a dealer in Charlotte. It was a cancelled order and had been on their lot for year and half. Bought the truck for $19,000 and the bed cost me $3300. They also gave me a three year warranty on the truck.

gene gls
03-12-2004, 10:26 PM
There has been a lot of discuession in the past about these trucks.Try a serch. I have a Mitisi with a 10' dump and a Meyer 8' C-8 plow. My biggest problem has been the wireing. The wires are small and poor quality so they corroade and lose connection and if you add any lights then you over load the wire size and have other problems.

Gene

specialtylc
03-14-2004, 12:44 AM
We have had zero problems with our 2002 Isuzu NPR HD crew cab diesel.It has a 12 ft dump bed on it. Not a power house but works well for my lawn business. 12 mpg is it. We have loaded more than just a few times with 5 tons.

terracare
03-16-2004, 10:21 AM
If we had to get a cabover, it would be the mitsubishi. Only cabover I know of that has available 4 wheel drive. We considered a cabover this year for snow removal work at a condo complex but eventually ruled it out and got the JD 4510 tractor.

Todd