PDA

View Full Version : ???John Deere Z757 vs Hustler Z???

WillMowForMONEY$$
03-11-2004, 09:27 PM
I am considering buying a Deere 737 or 757 soon, but I am having some second thoughts on this. The Deere dealer near me also sells Hustler. I do not know what to get!! I dont see too many posts here from people using Deere so I was hesitant to jump right into Deere. I have heard good and bad about Deere; I have heard that the z stamp deck does not mulch. Is this true?? Also, how is the cut on both?? Any other ideas that I should consider when making my purchase soon?

luke1
03-11-2004, 09:40 PM
Why not check out the gravely line-up, I just purchased a gravely 152z it works great. 7 GAGE deck, hyd. lift. look at all the dealers and that they have, look at their service after the sale.

WillMowForMONEY$$
03-11-2004, 09:52 PM
I only have Deere and Hustler Near me. Thanks though

charlies
03-11-2004, 10:23 PM
i ahve never used hustlers. but i have used plenty of deeres. get the hustler.

chevyman1
03-12-2004, 09:57 AM
don't goof around with Gravely...it's junk....hustler is nice, so is ferris, the deere's are a little overpriced...Dixie Chopper is the best you can get though

tedk
03-12-2004, 10:47 PM
stay away from deere's. you can buy other brands, plus a couple trimmers and a blower for the price of one deere. and they break down alot and cost more than average to fix.

Metro Lawn
03-13-2004, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by chevyman1
don't goof around with Gravely...it's junk....hustler is nice, so is ferris, the deere's are a little overpriced...Dixie Chopper is the best you can get though

Funny how someone new to the business can throw out comments like this. If Dixie Chopper were the best you could get, I think they would have more than 1.5% marketshare. I don't even put DC in the same class as Exmark, Hustler, Scag ect. They are middle of the pack at best. Not the worst, but no where near the best. I understand that you just got one, and I am sure your proud of it. You will find that after years of experience you will make poor decisions less and less. You can ask me why I am so opinionated... We have spent almost a quarter million dollars in equipment since we started. I have tried almost everything and stuck with what was the best. Not was was best in my mind, but what did the job and did it well. I guess that if all I could afford was DC, I might feel as you do too. I would put one of our Super Zs up against that Dixie any day. My suggestion to anyone that is looking for machines. Everybody has an opinion.. make your own.. demo, demo, demo!!!

Karian
03-25-2004, 01:14 AM
Wow it only took me $50k in mowers to figure out that the Super Z is the perfect combination of My Dixie Flatlanders and my Exmark Lazer Z's. Maybe I should pat myself on the back and have a :drinkup:

smplayer85
03-25-2004, 01:41 AM
I would definatly go with the hustler. I had a John Deere it didnt last 2 seasons before dying. I have never had a hustler, but havent heard anything bad about their equipment.

raintreelawns
03-25-2004, 08:50 AM
I am somewhat new to the business too...I just bought the Hustler after doing a ton of research and as Metro Lawn put it...DEMO, DEMO, DEMOing...

I have friends that have been in the business for years and they all have the Hustler...I think for the price its hard to beat the Hustler, and it is in my opinion in the top tier of quality with Exmark and Scag, but a bit cheaper. My .02 anyway...