PDA

View Full Version : Pre-M for Broadleaf. Worth the $$ ?

Reel_Green
03-12-2004, 02:36 AM
I'm in the Nashville,TN area and I'll be putting down Dimension (granular) this week. What pre-m (granular) for broadleaf do you recommend I put down while on-site? Would I be better off to just wait and use post-m for the broadleaf?

Lawn Types: Fescue, Zoysia, Bermuda and St. Augustine

Thanks.

TSM
03-12-2004, 03:46 PM
?
the dimension will have some preemergent control on some broadleaf weeds such as spurge, oxalis, chickweed.

Post emergent controls are the only controls I'm aware of for the majority of broadleaf weeds.

rkk95
03-12-2004, 04:00 PM
I know that there is a product that UHS sells for broadleaf pre-m, but the cost was around $116 per acre. There are some golf courses in my area that use it, but I would never use it at that cost.

cemars
03-12-2004, 05:02 PM
The product is Gallery, and it controls many but not all broadleaf weeds, so you may still need to spray. Gallery should be put down in the fall for best results in transition or northern climates.

kickin sum grass
03-12-2004, 07:14 PM
another thing to remember about using a pre-emergent for broadleaf is timing. A lot of broadleaf germinate in summer and fall so putting it down now would not do much good against the winter annuals or bi annuals.