PDA

View Full Version : chem-lawn type trucks

theyatesies
03-12-2004, 03:35 AM
I was wondering where to look for the isuzu type chem-lawn trucks. I know about the trucks but I dont know where to look for the fabricated bodies that are on them. Who does the conversions for those type of trucks. Please include website if you know.

Lance

Ric
03-12-2004, 08:25 AM
theyatesies

FleetForce of Dallas Texas buys all of the Truegreen/Chemlawn trucks from the leasing company. Depending on where they came from and how well the were maintained, terminates how good they still are.

Mike and his Son-in-Law, Troy are both as honest as used truck salesmen can be. They advertise on E bay when they have a lot of them. As a general rule they have Spray Trucks all of the time. Now you can call them at 214 641 2202 and tell them Ric from Florida gave you their number. No I don't get a hit back. It should get you a good deal because they know I am active on the internet and if they give you a bad deal it will be known all over the WWW. They want to sell to Spray guys, so the best spray trucks, with the best equipment are sold to spray guys. The rest are tore apart to make tow trucks or other application because of the short 109 wheel base. BTW they drive and park like a car.

My experience with them was great. My buddy and I drove to Dallas, Texas and bought the truck and drove it home the same day. Because of the over the curb grantee I wanted a back up car to follow. They are sold as is where is and the price he quotes you on the phone is fixed. I could have filled the tank and gone to work that day. However a new paint job and a a lot of modification later I have what I want. We did the work ourselves except the professional paint job and our very happy with the results. Taking all costs in account including 1st class travel costs for two. (my buddy came along for the ride at no pay, so I had to buy him the best food money could buy etc.) I only have $12,000 total cost in the truck, for just under 3 times the price of the truck. Now try and buy a Pick up truck and put a skid sprayer in the back of it for that price.

Biggest problem you will face is figuring out how to fill the spray tanks. That is simple. I put a old skid tank on the ground and hooked up a 50 GPM Swimming pool pump to it with jet agitation. I mix on the ground and pump to the truck. With a 2" main to fill the tank and a 50 GPM to mix and fill the truck it is the fastest set up I have ever seen anywhere. I modified my truck to include a drop tank for mixing on the job.

theyatesies
03-12-2004, 05:49 PM
Thanks so much for the info, I will call him.

PS Send me a picture of your set up if you can

Lance

kootoomootoo
03-12-2004, 06:08 PM
Those same trugreen trucks fleet force buys are available at trugreen branches for much less. Ring around the branches in November before they send them off to mr. wholesaler.

Pilgrims' Pride
03-12-2004, 06:20 PM
kootoo,

Does this mean that TG will sell to the competition?
That is interesting.

Ric
03-12-2004, 07:37 PM
In Florida Truegreen will sell the trucks, but they strip them first so they have no spray equipment in them. Mr. Wholesaler makes a fair profit that he is entitled to because he still sells them for reasonable prices. Like I said, even after putting a lot of upgrades and new paint job I am still cheaper than a pick up truck with a skid sprayer. Isuzu trucks are good for 500,000 miles and these trucks have around a 100,000 miles or just broke in.

kootoomootoo
03-12-2004, 08:52 PM
Ive seen some of these trucks go out the door for $2000 or less. I found it ironic that landscapers are buying them. Even worse they offered them to other landscapers before most of the staff even knew about it. Usually they strip them but depends.

Mr wholesaler takes the risk and we are all entitled to make money.... but make a few phone calls next november early december.

ProLandscapes
03-12-2004, 11:17 PM
Be careful when you buy their trucks with 100,000 miles on them. It's the hours you need to worry about. They run all of there stuff off of the PTO so the engine actually has about 3x the hours on it. They are ran constantly all day. That's why I didn't buy one.

Josh

anchvac
04-12-2006, 09:27 PM
I used to have the name of the company that manufactured the pumping systems for the old style "rinos"....does anyone know where we can purchase replacement parts or get diagrams?

Dallas Turf
04-13-2006, 02:04 AM
Westheffer in Kansas has parts for the pumps. Ask for Jessie.

Wanner engineering built the pumps and injector units, Industrial services builds the trucks.

JLWC
12-27-2008, 09:25 PM
ghjghjghjg

PSUTURFGEEK
12-27-2008, 09:36 PM
http://www.readingbody.com/ This company makes all of the trucks for trugreen, they are building 75-100 at a time.

THC
12-27-2008, 10:09 PM
I was curious so..

Is this what you were asking about?

http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://www.grahamlawnequipment.net/images/glehx600100HypoSpray.gif&imgrefurl=http://www.grahamlawnequipment.net/glehx600hypo.html&usg=__lk5CKklPOUbHFvoVUBrm0pqy3HQ=&h=714&w=1200&sz=700&hl=en&start=11&um=1&tbnid=uVPFTgAKBuR78M:&tbnh=89&tbnw=150&prev=/images%3Fq%3Disuzu%2Bchem%2Blawn%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26channel%3Ds%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26hs%3DsIl%26sa%3DN

DLAWNS
12-27-2008, 10:33 PM
I know a company that I worked at in Florida had a few of these trucks and they got them from Neelco in Cocoa Beach, Florida. Hope this helps.

Ric
12-28-2008, 01:51 AM
Yo

Supreme in Ohio and Turfco?? in Miami also make the True Green--Scotts type fiberglass bodies. There are now many differ designs that are available. You can also order them custom to your design.

A Used Truck lot in Jupiter Florida had a bunch of TG/CL trucks also. But My truck is still running fine and I have not looked for trucks in a while. My Truck being a 1993 model only has 153K on it and the Engine and transmission are like new. But I won't tell I don't have minor problem with an old truck. A brake line rusted through and while replacing the line wasn't a real problem, Bleeding the brakes was a real PITA. I had a rear axis seal go out and had to put new brake shoes on as well as new seals. The $ 4.00 seal ended up costing me $ 1,200 in repairs. A electrical problem I had to jury rig and by passed the fuse board. Of course I added new inline fuses. But all in all after 6 years of working it, I am a happy camper with the truck. It could use a re paint now but even at that I am way ahead of the game and the truck doesn't owe me anything at this point.