PDA

View Full Version : scratch marks on a concrete driveway

capt.craig
03-12-2004, 08:45 PM
I bought a new back plow this winter and had to use the down pressure several times because of ice build up,consequently marking a cement driveway.more like scratches not gouges. any ideas on how to remove the scratches? thanks craig

dvmcmrhp52
03-12-2004, 11:36 PM
If they are just scratches and not gouges they should discolor and blend in with the rest of the concrete pretty quickly.

capt.craig
03-12-2004, 11:48 PM
Ya I thought that would happen but i was tring to please the customer and see if something could be done sooner . thanks craig

jajwrigh
03-13-2004, 08:03 PM
I have some of those on our front steps from shoveling this winter and I was wondering the same thing. I really hope they go away!

olderthandirt
03-13-2004, 08:43 PM
They make an epoxy you can buy in most concrete store/plants that are made for this purpose. Caught drive with harley rake and left deep scratches. Ins. co. told me how to fix them since home owner were going to sue for a whole new drive. works great and if you need some dye to match they have that also.
Saved me a claim and cost all of $12 with a little dye, sent the pic. to Ins. Co. for legal purpose but you can't see anything.

Mac

capt.craig
03-13-2004, 10:23 PM
thanks Mac Ill try to get some , do you remember the brand name?