PDA

View Full Version : free green lawn care estimate in ontario

theo
03-13-2004, 11:00 AM
I got a call from green lawn care,they asked if they could put a flyer in my mail box,i said sure.They gave me prices with out measuring my lawn.My total lawn would be 3k and they sould be able to get an estimate fairly easy because its a town house.On the flyer the prices were wrote in with a pen were,organic 339.92,weed and feed 159.98,weed and feed with crab grass control199.98,at 6 vists per year.weed and feed 44.44 at 4 vistsper year,core aeration 74.05.They claim to be the largest non franchise lawn care company in ontario,i have never heard of them anyhow i just though i would pass this on to every one.

woodycrest
03-13-2004, 11:06 AM
339.92 for organic?....thats ridiculous!!

i never heard of them either.

theo
03-13-2004, 11:18 AM
they are based out of toronto,go to thier web site wwwgreenlawncare.com the bright side i got a frig magnet.

Bluejays
03-17-2004, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by woodycrest
339.92 for organic?....thats ridiculous!!

i never heard of them either.

The price for organic is not to steep...It includes an aeration and overseeding, 5 organic fertilizers and a lime...

BTW Green Lawn is the largest non-franchised lawncare company in Ontario, you should give them a chance as the service is quite good.

As well as the magnet you most have recieved a free ducks unlimited membership as well as a bag of grass seed?

googleplex
03-18-2004, 10:37 AM
"Green Lawn is the largest non-franchised lawncare company in Ontario"

But, according to their own website they are involved in franchising!!

"Green Lawn Care™ is a part of the FirstService Corporation, who are the leaders in the rapidly growing service sector.
First Service Corporation provides a variety of property and business services, including:
Community association management, security, lawn care, pool maintenance, janitorial services, franchising, data processing and trade material fulfillment - to corporate, government, and residential customers throughout North America.

FirstService stock is listed and traded on the NASDAQ National Market (Symbol-FSRV) and The Toronto Stock Exchange (Symbol-FSV)."

woodycrest
03-18-2004, 10:50 PM
The price for organic is not to steep...It includes an aeration and overseeding, 5 organic fertilizers and a lime...

first, what if i dont need a lime application?

second, i dont see how a 'totally organic' program can cost twice as much as 'program#2 weed and feed.

I was a bit blunt in my use of the term 'ridiculous' in my previous post, but i cant see how a customer would spend twice as much for the 'natural choice organic' with no weed control.

Im sure the program is effective, i just wonder about the pricing.

i doubt the necessity of 5 applications of 'totally organic' fertilizer.

Thats my perspective...

Bluejays
03-18-2004, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by woodycrest
first, what if i dont need a lime application?

second, i dont see how a 'totally organic' program can cost twice as much as 'program#2 weed and feed.

I was a bit blunt in my use of the term 'ridiculous' in my previous post, but i cant see how a customer would spend twice as much for the 'natural choice organic' with no weed control.

Im sure the program is effective, i just wonder about the pricing.

i doubt the necessity of 5 applications of 'totally organic' fertilizer.

Thats my perspective...

If you don't need a lime, you could just order there standard organic fert program for around $190-$200. Not too much of an increase in my mind from Program 2...

MOW ED
03-19-2004, 06:36 AM
These guys must be a franchise in Canada. I spied this truck last year when I went to Sault St. Marie for a while. How do their prices compare?

coyoteman
03-20-2004, 10:55 PM
Yes nutri lawn is a franchise in canada. We don't have one here but they are in some of the major cities in our province. I believe they offer chemical and organic programs.