PDA

View Full Version : All LCO's in Maryland, who are you guys?

Advanced_Landscaping
03-14-2004, 11:03 PM
Im in Carroll County, MD and I just wanted to see who is out there in the green industry?

Advanced

charlies
03-17-2004, 03:54 PM
i'm from howard county. what part of carroll are you from?

qwikv6
03-17-2004, 03:56 PM
I'm just over the state line in Hanover, Pa. About 20 minute drive north.

Precision Lawn Servi
03-17-2004, 11:07 PM
i'm from anne arundel county

charlies
03-17-2004, 11:23 PM
Finches in Westminster is having their expo on March 25th, not sure what time, their #is 410-876-2211. Free food.

Bob's Welding in Taylorsville (near Westminster/Eldersburg) has an expo I think on the 31st. Somewhere around there.

CDJLANDSCAPING
03-22-2004, 10:47 PM
Westmnster also. CDJ Landscaping. nice to meet you guys. Second year and loving it. Hey Advanced, did you see the guy in the Carroll Co Times that said "will beat and price"? what a guy

Green Care
03-22-2004, 10:57 PM
P.G. County. Near Fed Ex Field.

jalawn
03-31-2004, 10:32 PM
Located in N. PG county, operate mostly in S. HOw and W. Mont

charlies
03-31-2004, 10:45 PM
hey, get outta my county! lol, just kidding.

BrianK10
04-24-2004, 12:27 AM
Up here in Baltimore County right off the Bay. Wish you all luck this year.

Brian

JBird
04-24-2004, 03:43 AM
Hagerstown here......along with about a bazillion other guys. I swear all you see around here anymore are landscape trailers. And for every one of them, there are two guys in a truck with an 8 hp mtd and a yardman push mower!! lol. Wish you guys lots of rain (at night) and sunshine (when your mowin').

Time is money

arosewag
04-24-2004, 10:06 PM
I'm in crownsville....anne arundel co.

Potomac Lawns Inc.
04-28-2004, 09:03 PM
charles county here

bayfish
06-03-2004, 01:34 AM
Wicomico, Worcester counties...surfs up!

AndrewE
06-06-2004, 12:42 AM
Charles County. Been good so far. Seen you around Potmac lawn

Andrew's Lawn Service Green Jeep

Itsgottobegreen
06-21-2004, 08:44 PM
Mt. Airy, on the carrol county side

Tony1045
06-25-2004, 09:12 PM
Northern and Northeast Baltimore County

Greenskeeper1
11-17-2004, 03:21 PM
Just up here in Hanover PA. Whats up fellas?

JDLANDSCAPES
12-05-2004, 11:42 PM
Hey Guys How Is It Going. From Montgomery County

Greenskeeper1
12-06-2004, 04:14 PM
I am just over the boarder in Hanover!

Diamondscapes
01-06-2005, 12:46 PM
Frederick County Headquarters

neversatisfiedj
01-09-2005, 11:32 PM
Searching for some hardscape jobs.

MDScpr
01-16-2005, 03:10 AM
Itsgottobegreen,

You keep referring to your friend that is a scab, who is it? Why do you think he is a scab?

Just curious, b/c Buckman told me you have done some things that would require an MHIC license - which I don't think you have (according to the DLLR Website) - so just be careful how you refer to your "friends". Not starting anything, but if it is who I think it is, you may be barking up the wrong tree!

Contractors must display their home improvement license number on all of their home improvement contracts, trucks, and advertisements.

LaurelLawns
01-16-2005, 10:52 AM
I operate in Howard, PG and Fredericksburg, Va

shaughnessylawn
01-16-2005, 06:05 PM
Pasadena !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

newbomb
01-19-2005, 11:34 PM
Solo part time since 87', Going full time in 9 weeks. Catonsville area on the Baltimore/Howard County line.

bigviclbi
01-28-2005, 11:22 PM
Hey guys my girlfriend lives in Damascus and I have been thinking about moving there. I t seems like construction is booming. I do gardening and pavers. You guys busy or what? Also without stepping on any toes, what do you guys get a sq. foot for pavers. Where I am I can only get $6.00- $7.00 because of the competition.

jeffex
02-04-2005, 06:44 AM
I live in Eldersburg but my lawns are all in Catonsville. I pressure wash and stain decks http://jeffex11.tripod.com/deckdoctorpressurewashing/. I have been networking in my area since I started. I have maxed out the # of lawns I can handle and am concentrating more on pressure washing. I'm part time so I referr work to other LCOs, handymen, tree trimmers, whatever. You better be good though because the people remember my name first when I give out numbers for other services. Networking is a 2 way street and there is plenty of work to go around!!

michael mckeel
02-14-2005, 02:42 PM
Hi, I live and work in Carroll County, payup
2 miles from Keymar, My jobs are mainly in Taneytown, Thurmont, Emmitsburg,
and some in Woodsboros, Walkersville, and Westminister :sleeping:

YES this is my first post :waving:

It looks like thare are only 2 landscapers from carroll co SO GOOD LUCK THIS YEAR :gunsfirin

MICHAEL MCKEEL

mickman
02-15-2005, 12:38 AM
Hi, I live and work in Carroll County, payup
2 miles from Keymar, My jobs are mainly in Taneytown, Thurmont, Emmitsburg,
and some in Woodsboros, Walkersville, and Westminister :sleeping:

YES this is my first post :waving:

It looks like thare are only 2 landscapers from carroll co SO GOOD LUCK THIS YEAR :gunsfirin

MICHAEL MCKEEL
Well, there are 1/2 million landscrapers in Fredneck County

mickman
02-15-2005, 12:54 AM
Itsgottobegreen,

You keep referring to your friend that is a scab, who is it? Why do you think he is a scab?

Just curious, b/c Buckman told me you have done some things that would require an MHIC license - which I don't think you have (according to the DLLR Website) - so just be careful how you refer to your "friends". Not starting anything, but if it is who I think it is, you may be barking up the wrong tree!

Contractors must display their home improvement license number on all of their home improvement contracts, trucks, and advertisements.

So I would guess that you have your MHIC? I'll ride ya around & show ya at least 8 out of 10 don't. I am taking test next month to expand in hardscapes.
{not that I'm starting anything} :D

MDScpr
02-16-2005, 04:05 PM
I don't do work that requires it...and then call other people scrubs.

If you aren't trying to start something, you aren't trying very hard...maybe you should mind your own.

mickman
02-16-2005, 06:39 PM
I don't do work that requires it...and then call other people scrubs.

If you aren't trying to start something, you aren't trying very hard...maybe you should mind your own.
are you talking to me?

MDScpr
02-16-2005, 11:45 PM
No one else replied to my message.

mickman
02-17-2005, 07:48 AM
first of all, this is a public forum and you are in the same area, so it is my business. I didn't know that you were the home improvement police. I didn't understand when you said "I don't do work that requires a license....and call others scrubs.
When I said '' not that I'm starting anything" was a joke....it was what you said, relax.

MDScpr
02-17-2005, 11:27 AM
I could see you making it your business if you knew who I was talking to, who I was talking about or had any clue what was going on with this individual. I never claimed to be the MHIC police - I was addressing an individual that continuously calls his "friend" (my friend as well) a scrub when he does the very things that justify being a scrub. Everything from performing work that requries an MHIC license to lowballing other guys that are in the same neighborhood because mommy and daddy fit the bill for his outfit while the rest of us have mouths to feed.

So next time, please don't address me as a wise a** on messages that you have no idea about.

mickman
02-17-2005, 03:00 PM
I could see you making it your business if you knew who I was talking to, who I was talking about or had any clue what was going on with this individual. I never claimed to be the MHIC police - I was addressing an individual that continuously calls his "friend" (my friend as well) a scrub when he does the very things that justify being a scrub. Everything from performing work that requries an MHIC license to lowballing other guys that are in the same neighborhood because mommy and daddy fit the bill for his outfit while the rest of us have mouths to feed.

So next time, please don't address me as a wise a** on messages that you have no idea about.
I see you went to my posts and made a comment, you are an a$$.
I seen your brochure that states you have 15 yrs experience. mowing someone's yard qualifies you as an experienced landscape co?
I bet you pay worker's comp.,liability ins, taxes, etc.
I won't waste my time on you jerky, so take your home depot landscape co
& shove it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MDScpr
02-17-2005, 04:04 PM
I see you went to my posts and made a comment, you are an a$$.
I seen your brochure that states you have 15 yrs experience. mowing someone's yard qualifies you as an experienced landscape co?
I bet you pay worker's comp.,liability ins, taxes, etc.
I won't waste my time on you jerky, so take your home depot landscape co
& shove it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awww, did I hurt your feelings?

"I bet you pay worker's comp.,liability ins, taxes, etc."

You're right, I do.

Please, don't waste your time - all you do is make unfounded claims anyway. Get a life prick.

Tiller1240
03-22-2005, 03:44 PM
PerfiCut, LLC. Based in Glen Burnie, serving the Pasadena, Severna Park, and surrounding areas.

Lawn-Scapes
03-26-2005, 01:35 AM
Carroll County.

I may stop in at Bob's Welding (if the BBQ is 3/31) but not for too long. It's finally supposed to be nice later this week and there's plenty of work I need to get done before the grass starts growing. Maybe I'll see some of you there.

Jeff (or anyone else).. if you are ever turning away work be sure and let me know. Service is top notch.. so no worries there. Also.. if anyone knows of anyone getting out or selling their biz... let me know. You can contact me here or through my website.

If anyone wants to trade/refer work let me know. I specialize in large acreage and will refer smaller jobs (under 20,000sf) to those that want them.

mdmowerman
03-26-2005, 01:57 AM
MONTGOMERY COUNTY

olney, laytonsville, damascus, brookeville, clarksville(howard co)

CrewCutEnterprises
03-26-2005, 02:27 AM
P.G. County. Near Fed Ex Field.

hehe

Im a vol fireman at 28 west lanham hills on annapolis rd.
I Also race autocross at fed ex field 1nce a month on sundays.

Im from anne arundel county. Annapolis.

And precision, i service some properties in gambrills near the honda dealer. Ive seen your signs before.

CrewCutEnterprises
03-26-2005, 02:31 AM
Pic of my 99 f250 with ez dumper.

CrewCutEnterprises
03-26-2005, 02:34 AM
And the newly added 350 xlt diesel with the ez-dumper getting swaped into it.

Going to sell the 250 for a isuzu npr box diesel with ramps
http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=34931

jeffex
03-26-2005, 06:17 AM
What the BBQ at bobs welding about ? One of those contractor days?

Lawn-Scapes
03-26-2005, 08:35 PM
What the BBQ at bobs welding about ? One of those contractor days?

Yes.. I think so. I've not been to one in the past but judging from the pictures I've seen.. it looks to be a nice event.

jeffex
04-16-2005, 08:55 AM
Any Baltimore area cutters know what happened to CHOPS mowing ?? They cut in the 21228 area and one of their customers called me desperate for service. My red flag always goes up as to why a customer was dropped but she says she just never got any return calls. Nice lady , easy yard , $35 per cut whats not to like. CHOPS was cutting her for $25 and did a lot of lawns in this area but disappeared.

Green Care
04-21-2005, 08:19 PM
Anybody in bowie or Silver Spring.

ivenholt
05-06-2005, 11:35 AM
I'm in Columbia, Howard county was wondering where you guys buy your equipment and parts?

salopez
05-12-2005, 07:04 PM
hey guys I work in howard, baltimore city and county, but am moving into dumpters....anyone out there in need of cans for work? I am trying to set up some contracts so that I can take them to the bank and buy more cans.

Green Care
05-12-2005, 09:41 PM
I get a couple a year 30yds is the only what is the price on them.

Itsgottobegreen
05-16-2005, 03:45 PM
Itsgottobegreen,

Buckman is a very good friend of mine. He is my rental house when I need a bobcat or mini excavator. I rather give a friend $200 and $250 a day respectably for equipment. Every time I rent or borrow something it ends up coming back either fixed or cleaner than I got it. I throw him work all the time. He throws small jobs to me. We both cut a lot of grass in the same area. We have know each other for 5 years. He does damn good work. Along with TLS, Rouchard Lawnscapes, Big Rick's landscaping, etc.

I know quite a few scabs around here. Some friends, some enemies. Most just cut grass.

Another thing. The would have been more approbate to PM me. Not publicly embarrass me. Who do you think I am referring to. Because it sure sounds like you are starting something. Because why else would you have brought it up.
So I would guess that you have your MHIC? I'll ride ya around & show ya at least 8 out of 10 don't. I am taking test next month to expand in hardscapes.
{not that I'm starting anything} :D
Yep. I know some companies with 4 to 8 trucks that don't have it. I am in the process of getting mine. You can't do everything at once.

MDScpr
05-16-2005, 11:02 PM
All I am saying is don't throw stones if you live in a glass house. You call someone a scrub b/c they mow in the same area as you, yet you are performing work without a license - let alone advertising that you are licensed on your truck - which is against the law. (And you can't work under someone else's license as you told one person.)

I know who you are referring to and you are calling him a scab b/c you lost a lawn to him. A lawn that you lost on your own - they called him, not the other way around. What you don't know that he has 85 other accouts and 6 commercial contracts, yet you call him a scab. All's well, I was just warning you that he has been watching this board and had made a few comments to me about things that you have said. Not starting anything, just throwing some info your way.

Buckman is a very good friend of mine. He is my rental house when I need a bobcat or mini excavator. I rather give a friend $200 and $250 a day respectably for equipment. Every time I rent or borrow something it ends up coming back either fixed or cleaner than I got it. I throw him work all the time. He throws small jobs to me. We both cut a lot of grass in the same area. We have know each other for 5 years. He does damn good work. Along with TLS, Rouchard Lawnscapes, Big Rick's landscaping, etc.

I know quite a few scabs around here. Some friends, some enemies. Most just cut grass.

Another thing. The would have been more approbate to PM me. Not publicly embarrass me. Who do you think I am referring to. Because it sure sounds like you are starting something. Because why else would you have brought it up.

Yep. I know some companies with 4 to 8 trucks that don't have it. I am in the process of getting mine. You can't do everything at once.

CrewCutEnterprises
08-20-2005, 12:04 AM
After re reading this post, I dident realize we were all 5 years old. Please keep the comments about people in Private messages, no reason to throw all this information out there, UNLESS you wanted to.

Once again, Annapolis Md, Lawn service.. MDA Lic test next week. MHIC, Thats another one im working on, Does anyone know if it is 1 or 2 years exp?? Also, most landscaping companies dont have their MHIC #, its sad, technically I dont believe you can even down sod with out one, its a contract that changes the house or area surrounding. Someone straighten me out if im wron

deereequipment
01-31-2007, 01:20 AM
charles county here

Potomac Lawns, still in business?

I'm based in St. Mary's.
Have any extra work? need work?

MJMScapes3
02-01-2007, 09:05 AM
MJM LAndscaping. Inc.

Jason from Cockeysville.

syzer
02-02-2007, 12:03 AM
After re reading this post, I dident realize we were all 5 years old. Please keep the comments about people in Private messages, no reason to throw all this information out there, UNLESS you wanted to.

Once again, Annapolis Md, Lawn service.. MDA Lic test next week. MHIC, Thats another one im working on, Does anyone know if it is 1 or 2 years exp?? Also, most landscaping companies dont have their MHIC #, its sad, technically I dont believe you can even down sod with out one, its a contract that changes the house or area surrounding. Someone straighten me out if im wron

You do not need your MHIC if doing commercial work, however if you are doing nearly ANYTHING on residential, you will need MHIC. It seems a bit crazy to me.

Snyderserv5060
02-02-2007, 02:28 AM
Snyder's Lawn & Landscaping... Owings Mills, Reisterstown, Pikesville

Potomac Lawns Inc.
02-02-2007, 08:34 PM
Deereequipment
Still here can always use more work... How about u?

deereequipment
02-02-2007, 09:01 PM
Yes, me too, but in St. Mary's and southern Calvert. Maybe as far north as Hughesville.
Occasionally I get calls from LaPlata and Waldorf, but it is too far for me to go, and I don't know anyone in your area to refer them too.

Do you do much in St.Mary's?

deereequipment
02-02-2007, 09:02 PM
(Potomac Lawns, Inc)

Potomac Lawns Inc.
02-02-2007, 09:05 PM
do very very little in St Marys, maybe 2 jobs last year

nardonedr
02-05-2007, 11:29 PM
I am in AA county, this is my second year.

AXIS Property Maintenance LLC.

Dennis

ProStreetCamaro
02-09-2007, 01:08 AM
Montgomery county here!

CrewCutEnterprises
02-09-2007, 11:17 AM
Hey you guys have a yellow stripe down the bottom of your 550 dont ya...

MJM LAndscaping. Inc.

Jason from Cockeysville.

NewHorizon's Land
02-12-2007, 12:32 AM
I am based out of Caroline County but work in Caroline, Queen Anne, Kent, and Talbot Counties. I am the only one one the "Eastern Shore" on here?

godzilla
02-12-2007, 05:12 PM
Anybody on here gonna need mulch installation come spring time? We may or may not be down around MD in the future and are looking for anybody and everybody in the area who could benefit from a mulch blower service.

deereequipment
02-12-2007, 06:25 PM
godzilla, got any pictures of you blowing the mulch, and any of the finished product?

godzilla
02-12-2007, 10:01 PM
www.modernmulchsystems.com should have all the pics you could need.

americanlawnartists
02-12-2007, 11:15 PM
I'm in nothern calvert. What are y'all charging roughly for 20,000 sq ft residential lawns? And per acre charge for commercial?? Thanks guys, and may we all have a great season!

MJMScapes3
02-13-2007, 07:23 AM
Crew Cut,

No yellow stripes, we run 15 all white with green logo and lettering

Jason
MJM Landscaping, Inc.

Marek
03-01-2007, 05:37 PM
Has anyone ever heard of a company called CPE?

NewHorizon's Land
03-01-2007, 08:50 PM
Where is CPE based out of?

Marek
03-01-2007, 09:03 PM
Not sure , I hear they do some bigger shopping centers around but have never seen them.

NewHorizon's Land
03-01-2007, 09:20 PM
Me either.

deereequipment
03-01-2007, 09:36 PM
hey Marek, where in Maryland are you located?

Marek
03-01-2007, 09:39 PM
Howard county.we do most of our work right here and some in AA county and a good bit of commercial in Rockville

smcunningham
03-03-2007, 12:24 AM
CC county........little work in southern pa and north east fredrick county

AlleganyLawnCare
03-06-2007, 11:19 AM
What no one from Hagerstown or farther west besides me here?

ProStreetCamaro
03-06-2007, 12:58 PM
Montgomery county here! We bought our Gravely 34Z from the gravely dealer in hagerstown so does that count? ;o)

AlleganyLawnCare
03-06-2007, 02:44 PM
Montgomery county here! We bought our Gravely 34Z from the gravely dealer in hagerstown so does that count? ;o)

Close enough. :laugh:

cutbetterthanyou
03-06-2007, 10:18 PM
I am based out of Caroline County but work in Caroline, Queen Anne, Kent, and Talbot Counties. I am the only one one the "Eastern Shore" on here?

I am from the eastern shore, dorchester county. Do some work in talbot. Anyone else eastern shore?

Green Thumb Mowing Srvcs.
03-09-2007, 02:54 AM
What no one from Hagerstown or farther west besides me here?

Hagerstown Here! I'm on page two of this post!
Lesco has it's open house in Hagerstown on Wednesday 3/14/07. Might see you there.

kreft
03-21-2007, 10:35 PM
Me and my Dad have a landscape company to in hampstead, md
Kreft & Son Landscaping

what equip. do u have?

2006 chevy 5500 4wd
haulmark 7*24 enclosed trailer (green touch racks for all power tools)
18' deckover
new holland c185 (skid) forks,bucket, bachoe,grapple,blades,rock hound
john deere 4400 (compact loader)spreader,mower,blade,rake blade
2 exmark zero-turns lazer z 60'' triton (31hp)
exmark viking 52''
exmark metro push mower
2 echo backpack blowers
2 echo weed wackers
echo gas shrub trimmer
tons of hand tools

columbiaplower
04-02-2008, 04:32 AM
Has anyone ever heard of a company called CPE?

Ive heard of them. They do a mix of "stuff" it seems like they do a decent amount of tree work. I also think the bought "Blades and Brushes" a few years back.

Marek
04-02-2008, 04:49 PM
Yep they did , last spring. I was trying to buy it but didnt want to have to give the old guy a job for life. Long story short it worked out for the best. Where do you do most of your work?

columbiaplower
04-02-2008, 07:21 PM
Clarksville, Columbia, Ellicott City, Laurel. What about you.

Marek
04-02-2008, 07:36 PM
Fulton , Dayton, Columbia , Clarksville, Glenelg, Syksville, Rockville and so on, starting to do more in AA county now too.

jeffex
04-02-2008, 11:14 PM
lawns - catonsville - pressure washing - www.deckdoctorpressurewashing.com

Marek
04-04-2008, 06:43 PM
Are any of you guys going to the equipment sale at the Frederick Fair grounds on the 12 or 13 ? Its put on by Frederick and Gaithersburg equipment co.

columbiaplower
04-05-2008, 10:46 PM
I think Gaithersburg Equipment had a bunch of stuff at the howard county sale a few weeks ago, so Im not sure how much they will have.

Marek
04-05-2008, 11:12 PM
Its probably more of an open house with some used equipment. Marathon had an open house last week with Hooters girls, glade I stopped by to pick up my RTV.

firedog561
04-08-2008, 08:25 AM
Somerset/Wicomico county here. Wallace's Lawn Mowing.

salopez
04-09-2008, 08:21 AM
i believe its a Wolfe auction. I am planning on hitting the walk through tommorrow.

Marek
04-10-2008, 08:02 AM
If you go up to check things out let us know whats up there

jrdean62
04-10-2008, 01:21 PM
hows everyone looking for 2008?

deereequipment
04-10-2008, 03:47 PM
hows everyone looking for 2008?

Super busy.

Marek
04-16-2008, 05:58 PM
Anyone need a few lawns in MT Aiery?

columbiaplower
04-17-2008, 07:30 PM
I might be interested, how big are they?

columbiaplower
05-02-2008, 01:40 AM
I have a lawn in Catonsville, and with fuel prices the way they are, its just not worth the drive, Contact me if you are interested in taking it over.

jeffex
05-02-2008, 06:56 AM
I sent you a PM Columbia plower

Marek
05-02-2008, 06:38 PM
There are alot of guys here in MD mowing lawns , 1 acre lawns for 30 and 35 dollars. Hope its none of you guys, and if it is you need to raise your prices !

deereequipment
05-02-2008, 08:40 PM
There are alot of guys here in MD mowing lawns , 1 acre lawns for 30 and 35 dollars. Hope its none of you guys, and if it is you need to raise your prices !

1 acre, depending on amount of trimming, probably about $45 to $60 here.
Maybe going up, with gas prices as they are.

Marek
05-02-2008, 09:31 PM
Same here, but there are a ton of guys cutting them for 30 - 35. As people are getting tighter they are looking for EL Chepo services. Lots of fly by nighters and part timers who dont seem to know what thier true expenses are.

deereequipment
05-02-2008, 09:38 PM
Same here, but there are a ton of guys cutting them for 30 - 35. As people are getting tighter they are looking for EL Chepo services. Lots of fly by nighters and part timers who dont seem to know what thier true expenses are.

And......... that is what makes it so damn hard for this industry to hire and keep qualified people, and for me, the company owner, and for my employees to make a decent living.

I vote for lawn care companies needing a license, which requires proof of all the insurances needed to get that license.

What do you think?

Marek
05-02-2008, 09:50 PM
I agree, I love it when people tell you that so and so cut it for 35.00 . My first question is then why are you talking to me, if you were happy with them then you wouldnt have called us ! When someone calls we always ask how someone heard of us, and if they are just price shopping then they can call someone else, I'm not the cheapest guy out there, but you get what you pay for. There are people out there that pay for quality and that is who we are after. I will also not bid a job if I know who is doing it. There are about 6 local guys that I wont take work from.

deereequipment
05-02-2008, 10:02 PM
I agree, I love it when people tell you that so and so cut it for 35.00 . My first question is then why are you talking to me, if you were happy with them then you wouldnt have called us ! When someone calls we always ask how someone heard of us, and if they are just price shopping then they can call someone else, I'm not the cheapest guy out there, but you get what you pay for. There are people out there that pay for quality and that is who we are after. I will also not bid a job if I know who is doing it. There are about 6 local guys that I wont take work from.

Same here. There is one company that I do alot of work with. Large jobs, he's got extra help to help me, and me to help him. Then, there are 4 other companies, that we all respect each other's places. There is plenty of work out there, and we know that if we bid against each other, that will just keep the prices down too.
Then, there are a couple out there who go after other people's places. See us mowing, then they know that property doesn't mow for themselves. Then they go out after them.
I had one last week, we've mowed 3 times already this year, and pulled in for the 4th mow, and that other company was just finishing up. He is a legit company, just not a person worth talking about. Nice of the homeowner to notify us, or to tell us they got a lower price. He can have all that Dog crap. I'd been wanted to give them up anyway.

I guess this weekend's rain is kind of questionalbe now.

We still need rain down here.
Before the past 2 weekends, lawns were starting to have "that" look, with the grass starting to shrivel and burn up. Its way too early for that!
Both rains from the last 2 weekends, each had 8 tenths. We need more!
Even though we had rain last weekend, the grass growing has slowed down alot this week.
Hope you're staying steady with work.

Marek
05-02-2008, 10:16 PM
We are slammed. Almost to much rain. Sat. night a few good storms and all day monday. I think there more everyone talks to each other and gets to know each others prices we can help teach these new guys that they shouldnt be doing work so cheap. If I'm charging x then why would someone else do it for 50 - 60 percent of that ? They are really hurting themselves more than anyone else.

deereequipment
05-02-2008, 11:18 PM
We are slammed. Almost to much rain. Sat. night a few good storms and all day monday. I think there more everyone talks to each other and gets to know each others prices we can help teach these new guys that they shouldnt be doing work so cheap. If I'm charging x then why would someone else do it for 50 - 60 percent of that ? They are really hurting themselves more than anyone else.

Good Point.

columbiaplower
05-03-2008, 03:10 PM
how do you make money doing big lots like that for 30 or 35 bucks? I guess people do the lawns cheap to get the landscape work. all my town houses are $30 per cut. I know some big companies that cut in clarksville that are doing nice two acre lawns off rt 108 for 40 and 45 per cut. Its crazy really.

Marek
05-03-2008, 03:28 PM
These are the same guys who mulch for 45- 50 bucks per cu. yard also and most dont have the experiance to do install work. I used to laugh at townhouse mowings then talked to one guy who was doing over a hundred per week and had 10 - 15 that were grouped togather. You dont need alot of bigger more expensive equipment and theres several in one spot. Makes more sense than what we see, everyone goes out here and put out flyers or bangs on door in 1 million dollar plus neighborhoods and wants to mow thier grass for next to nothing. One of the jobs that we bought this winter was being mowed for 55.00 for 3.8 acres. Thats not happening now that we took it over.

HBLandscaping
05-06-2008, 04:33 PM
Anyone is MD looking to unload any mowers this summer? Sp. looking for a Z. I picked up 3 large lots (3-5 acre) and I would like to find a Z to use to knock out these lots. I would hope to be able to keep these not only for this season but next also, But until I know for sure I don't want to put out 5-10 K for a new mower that may not be needed next year. Let me know.

Thanks