PDA

View Full Version : Bridge products, what to look for.

Shady Brook
03-15-2004, 10:26 AM
For folks who want organic, but don't want to pay the full price, can anyone suggest quality components to look for in a bridged fertilizer? I want a product that has the most benifits, and breaks down as closely to organic as possible.
Are these elements ok, or will they be counter productive to my programs.
Methylene urea
Potassium sulfate
Mesa
Nitroform
Ammonium sulfate

Any thoughts on what type of products often added to Organics that would not be counterproductive to building healthy soil?

Thanks
Jay

timturf
03-17-2004, 06:08 PM
I think sop, uf, nutralene, methylene urea would be good bridge or fortified products. Look for products with a low salt index!

Try to get a least 50% of product something once living!

Sop is mined and can be manufactured!

Dchall_San_Antonio
03-24-2004, 11:47 AM
If you don't want to pay full price for the organic fertilizers, find a good organic fertilizer (or three) and look at the ingredients. Then go to your local feed store and buy as many of the ingredients as you can find so you can mix your own. The cost for the ingredients is typically 1/4 to 1/10 the cost of the commercial organic products.

With organic products, all the ingredients are listed. With chemical fertilizers, say a 10-5-5, the percentage of fertilizer salts adds up to 20%. I've always wondered what the 80% of the bag was that was filler?

NAT
03-27-2004, 06:29 AM
I like harmony and earthworks for bridge products,and they both have true organic ferts also.

TurfProSTL
04-08-2004, 11:15 PM
My first full season using organics, I used Harmony, and was well-pleased with the results. Last year, I used Nutrients Plus, saved on average $5 or $6 a bag, and was equally pleased.....