PDA

View Full Version : New guy needing advice

jimbuck
03-15-2004, 12:57 PM
I'm a new guy studying for my liscense (mar 26th). So I do plan on being licensed, insured, etc. I have few friends who are in on the mowing side of the business and keep referring there current clients to Corporate Fertilize companies. I too, have done mowing, installs, irrigation for about 10 years. I have never worked for anyone who was license for fert so in turn never have learned anything about this side of the business. I have been doing much research hear on lawnsite and my question is.

After getting certified could I run an effective fertilize program with the recommendations of my local lesco shop? Am I getting in over my head and should I consider working for someone for a few years?

James Cormier
03-15-2004, 01:04 PM
Lesco will be helpful in setting up a program, you may struggle with agronomics or just running a business in general.

where are you in Mass?

jimbuck
03-15-2004, 01:17 PM
I am in the Merrimack Valley. I have a BS in accounting and currently work as an accountant full time while mowing 20 lawns part time. I am looking to get out from behind the desk and will definately be full time next year. Plenty of work in my area mowing but it kills me to see my friends refer 50 clients per to LD. I just want to be more educated to offer full service. After reading your post, I was considering trying to go just fert and squirt.