PDA

View Full Version : whats wrong with husqvarna?

chunk
03-15-2004, 04:18 PM
I'm shopping for a ztr mower. I'm having a hard time finding much to look at and compare in my area. Last weekend I did find a True Value store that carries Husqvarna ztr's. Both residential and commercial. The commercial offerings looked awesome. It was too cold to try it out, but I did like what I saw. They run around 6k for a 25hp, 61" cut. (Kawa v twin or Kolher motor). But in searching the internet for info on them I found this site. So far, noone has a good word to say about the brand. No specific faults mentioned though.
Whats the low down on these, please?
I'll also be looking at exmarks, and grasshoppers thanks to info on this site. Glad I found yall!!!!!

Thanks,
Chunk!

Mark Lawncare
03-17-2004, 08:06 PM
People probably don't like Husqvarnas because they are associated with homeowner equipment. I don't now much about them but sometimes a company that makes mostly homeowner stuff doesn't get much respect for their commercial equipment.

chunk
03-17-2004, 08:20 PM
Thanks for the reply.
I've also heard (on another forum), about a city that has the husqavarna commercial units for town mowing. He said they were in the repair shop more than they were mowing.

jajwrigh
03-18-2004, 07:09 PM
The "stores" that sell them should be a flashing red light! They are good for homeowners but stick with the commercial brands that we know and trust.

Nconn
04-04-2004, 05:01 PM
I agree I think some of those are 90% plastic and 100% junk, but hey there cheap so why not buy one? you can buy it there but can it be serviced there?:confused: :laugh:

Carolina Cutter
04-04-2004, 05:13 PM
I currently run a husqavarna bt 145 blower and love it. It has a Kawasaki motor and is always dependable.

Rob's Lawn Care
04-16-2004, 05:42 PM
Is it true that Husqvarna mowers (not including the motor part) are made by Ariens, Gravely's sister company?

barnard
04-16-2004, 09:59 PM
Their commercial line is Yazoo/Kees which Husqvarna now owns

glennd
04-16-2004, 10:14 PM
Husky's line is owned by Electrolux.

barnard
04-16-2004, 11:08 PM
Thats what I was thinking but wasn't sure.

dan5427
04-17-2004, 12:32 AM
husky's commercial mowers are decent units. they are nice because they are very easy to service. the biggest problem i see with them is that it takes two or three days to get parts. if you got an exmark almost every part can be shipped in a day

chunk
04-17-2004, 10:06 AM
Husky bought Yazoo/Kees? Are Yazoo/Kees good mowers? I've looked at both, the Yazoo/Kees look good, but I don't know anyone running them.

Potchkins
05-05-2004, 02:54 AM
you would better of with an Exmark if there is a good dealer in your area

chunk
05-05-2004, 07:04 AM
Good advice Potchkins.
No Exmark dealer in my area though. I ended up buying a Scag Wildcat. 61" deck. 27hp Kohler eng. I've got 8 hours on er so far, and boy do I like it. It is everything I was hoping for in a ZTR.
Thanks for all replies.
Chunk

brucec32
05-19-2004, 11:19 PM
I likemy exmark, but I've had to wait more than a couple days on more than one occasion to get the part I needed. (engine parts from kawi and kohler). Parts availability matters, but I keep backup units so it's not as big a factor for me.

And there seems to be a lot of misinfomation tossed about as to the quality of Husqvarna mowers. I hope you do realize that the "husky" brand at Home Depot is not the same, nor are the homeowner units sold at Lowe's and elsewhere the same as a $4,000 or $8,000 commercial grade mower. Toro sells $200 mowers too. And they own Exmark and their own Toro proline series.

TrapperJohn
05-22-2004, 01:07 AM
Can't speak for Husky mowers, but I have owned one of their saws for about 8 years - 272XP - and to date, it has never needed anything but routine maintenance. Keeps on running, and still feels tight after all that time. It gets run every weekend during fall/winter sawing a couple of truckloads of firewood. Just won't quit.

Redneck'n
05-22-2004, 01:28 AM
husky, poulan, craftsman, AYP, electrolux.. all are owned by Frigidaire...imagine that.

shepoutside
05-22-2004, 10:05 AM
I like my husky's, including the hoover mower, as I need that along shorelines around here :) good dealers around here too !