PDA

View Full Version : Adding interior lights on enclosed trailer?

troblandscape
03-15-2004, 10:42 PM
Ok I just bought an enclosed trailer that doesn't have any interior lights, I am going to buy some lights but where should I wire them into? Thanks

myoder
03-15-2004, 11:52 PM
I am in the process of doing the same thing... I'm going to work on it this week and let you know how I do when I'm done.

grass_cuttin_fool
03-16-2004, 07:41 AM
Does your trailer have a battery for the break away on the elecric brakes? Maybe you can tap in to a power source there. Not too long ago some one suggested using lights that run off of AA batteries, touch them they are on touch them they are off, hope this helps some

amw
03-16-2004, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by grass_cuttin_fool
Does your trailer have a battery for the break away on the elecric brakes? Maybe you can tap in to a power source there. Not too long ago some one suggested using lights that run off of AA batteries, touch them they are on touch them they are off, hope this helps some

*Does your trailer have a battery for the break away on the elecric brakes? Maybe you can tap in to a power source there.

I wouldnt be hooking ANYTHING to your battery for your elec. brakes...(the "brake away" battery)

1st reason would be you will probly get a ticket if your pulled over and they see that.

2nd on most set ups that battery will not charge, as it dosent have any power going TO it just to the brakes. so you will kill the battery pretty quick.

3rd if your trailer where to come off your truck...your going to need all the power that think has (its not a very big/powerful battery)

If you have a 7 way plug you have a wire you can hook up to (2options if i remmember right) and that wil give you power from the truck.

if you need more info PM me with your ?

myoder
03-16-2004, 10:40 AM
My trailer has 2 dome lights that came from the factory that run off the truck, but if you do a couple flourescent lights for better lighting, then I would do heavier wiring with a plug to a generator or house power