PDA

View Full Version : Tupersan and Drive

excel25
03-16-2004, 07:32 AM
Any one ever mixed Tupersan and Drive together?

tremor
03-16-2004, 06:13 PM
Why? I would foresake Tupersan forever now. Drive has pretty much taken the old lame duck & ripped it's wings off.

Enviro Green
03-16-2004, 10:16 PM
I agree, but the cost of Drive is high compared to others....

Wouldn't you agree?

EG

grassguy_
03-16-2004, 10:18 PM
Well Tupersan isn't cheaper either. Compared for amount of Sq footage coverage Drive isn't that bad a price and the better control as well.

Enviro Green
03-16-2004, 11:11 PM
Not that bad? I pay about Drive at 2.00 per M or msma with iron at $0.45 per M.

I do agree that drive gives GREAT results, we use it a lot in the late summer as we prep for seedings or cleanup.

But, I understand the timing and results are differnt, but so is the cost

EG

tremor
03-17-2004, 07:51 AM
Drive applied at 1 pound per acre costs a whole lot less than $88.00??? It does a great job fast with a high degree of safety for labeled grasses. It also controls Clover & other broadleaf weeds. On top of all this it sets up a 3-4 week pre-barrier.

Acclaim costs more money & doesn't touch dicots. It even reduces efficacy when tank mixed with 2,4-d containing phenoxy herb.'s.

MSMA is cheaper. But turf safety goes in the can. Just one phone call explaining that "brown spots" will go away means one less lawn treated that day. And there goes the money saved. One cancellation for "brown spots" & the Drive is more than paying for itself all year.

MSMA is also an aresenical herbicide just in case that matters.

In my opinion, Tupersan is an absolute waste of money. The cost is very high, rivaling or exceeding the best fungicides. And it doesn't work well enough to avoid a post-emegent spray. So why bother at all? Two - three visits @ $6/M for something that still fails?

Steve

Enviro Green
03-17-2004, 10:12 PM
Steve,

Are you asking if Drive costs less than $88.00 per acre? The best price I got last year was $78.00 plus tax on a one pound bottle.

I concur about Tupersan.

Did you get my voice mail about the sprayer?

EG