PDA

View Full Version : Securing hand tools in enclosed trailer

TimberlandGrounds
03-16-2004, 08:16 AM
How do you guys properly secure your hand tools in your enclosed trailer (shovels, rakes, etc.). I just purchased some nice greentouch racks for my trimmers and blowers, but still trying to find a good system or good racks for securing / storing hand tools.

Any suggestions?

Lux Lawn
03-16-2004, 10:13 AM
Greentouch sells a hand tool rack for enclosed trailers for $34.95
I just bought one off their website a couple weeks ago it looks like it will be perfect.Check it out,I think it can hold like 5 hand tools.
Larry

myoder
03-16-2004, 10:41 AM
I just put all my hand tools together and bungeed them to the wall for the time being... quick, simple, and cheap

myoder
03-16-2004, 10:42 AM
If you want a pic of it, let me know, I have a couple

Justcutslawnserv
03-16-2004, 12:22 PM
I have two of the Greentouch tool racks. They hold all my shovels,broom,hard rake,pitch forks and hand saw. You can also put an extra trimmer or edger on one if you need to.

TimberlandGrounds
03-16-2004, 12:57 PM
Thanks for the info. Regarding those GreenTouch racks for handtools, I noticed those when I purchased my trimmer and blower rack. However, I did not purchase the hand tool rack. Their design is the one single rack will hold up to 5 tools. Do you ever find yourself needing the one tool that is on the rack, closest to the trailer wall, and you have to take all 5 tools off the rack just to get the one tool your looking for? Is that a hastle, do you like them?

Thanks for the thoughts.

Justcutslawnserv
03-16-2004, 04:31 PM
Yes I've had to do that,but it's not a hassle. I love my greentouch racks! Will NOT buy anything else.

Justcutslawnserv
03-16-2004, 04:33 PM
trimmer racks and in front another hand tool rack.

Lux Lawn
03-17-2004, 01:00 PM
When I ordered mine the guy on the phone said most guys order two and mount them side by side for that reason.Take off of one and put it on the other one to get at the tool you need.

I am mounting mine on an open trailer.It will have the basket on the front of it and this way I can adjust the height of where the tools sit so it will fit in the garage.

gogetter
03-17-2004, 01:25 PM
Another overpriced item from Greentouch. You can buy similar tool racks at HomeDepot, or I'm looking at one in front of me in Gemplers catalog (item # HR15).
These are $10, maybe even less someplace else. The only difference is that GreenTouch has a pin to secure the tools on the rack. But to save $25 (or $50 if I was buying 2 of them), I'd use a $1 bungee. Or if you really wanted to use a pin, you could drill holes and use a pin.