PDA

View Full Version : echo/stihl?

gator8
03-16-2004, 10:07 AM
I was looking upgrade my trimmers & edgers. I know the diff. from pro and home units, but I am new in this biz part time untill I get bigger also. I am looking at both ECHO at home depot (199.00) and one of my local dealers has STIHL FS55(?) w/27.0cc also at $199.00. ECHO is 21.2cc. We all should support our local dealers, they keep us mowing but what is the beter unit and why? What is the diff. betwen 21.2 cc and 27.0cc?

I have learned a lot from this site thanks for all of everyones thoughts and ideas!

-inspect what you expect-:)

FFMED74
03-16-2004, 12:10 PM
gator8,
I have the Echo srm210. It is low end comm high end res. I like the echo for a couple of reasons, I have no problem with them. They start right up and simple to use. Enough power for my needs and I also like the fact that they are the only 2 cycle manufacturer that can meet the EPA 2005 standards, which means they may wind up being the only 2 cycle out there after the standards take effect. They only have 3 moving parts and the comp has 15+ and they require much more maintanance. This is just my opinion, but that is what I like and will stay with echo. I don't know much about the stihl products.
Eric

Joe25
03-16-2004, 01:02 PM
I own mostly all echo trimmers, hedge clippers, and blowers. There are by far the best I have used. The are easy to operate, very little maintenance, and perform great. I would go with the ECHO

grass_cuttin_fool
03-16-2004, 01:27 PM
I have the stihl fs55, It is a good trimmer, I bought it last year and it served me well with no problems. I cant comment on the echo because i dont own it. I think the stihl is a safe buy it has the larger engine and i had plenty of pwer but keep in mind i was only trimming not trying to use it as a brush cutter

BW4486
03-16-2004, 07:40 PM
I like Stihl but its just an opinion, Its like asking which is the best truck, U ask 4 people and come up with 5 different answers.

Whatever people find and have good luck w/ is what they use and like

gator8
03-17-2004, 09:17 AM
Thanks guys for all your help! I guess I can't go wrong with either one.