PDA

View Full Version : Rubber mat for plate compactor?

D Felix
03-16-2004, 11:45 AM
I'm working on a quote for a paver job, and was wondering if anyone could point me to a source for a rubber mat to attach to a plate compactor? I've tried searching, but haven't turned up a dealer in my area yet...

We don't own a compactor, but would probably rent a Wacker locally. How much would one cost, and where?

TIA!

Dan

D Felix
03-16-2004, 04:30 PM
I'll answer my own question!

The answer was right in front of me the entire time... Our normal supplier carries them, though he does not have them listed on his price list.

If anyone knows how much one runs, I would appreciate a response on that.

Dan

newleaflandscape
03-16-2004, 07:26 PM
If the mrs is a good sower have her make you one with a piece of carpet. My mom made me one that just slides over it and it has the stretchy material at the top like you get in sweat pants and it just slides over and stays on real good. No scratches on the brick. Just make sure you use carpet that is real short.

Steady Mowing
03-16-2004, 08:17 PM
we just cover the job with a piece of mirafi 500X, just as ep henry suggests and it works great. we just use the same peice for 3 or 4 jobs, the use it for the seperation fabric and cut a new peice for scuff prevention.
Josh

Henry
03-18-2004, 10:01 AM
D,

Those mats go for around $400.00. The one offered by Bomag is made of vulcolan (?) and others I've seen were made of urethane.
I don't think rubber or carpet for that matter would slide well over the pavers.

Georgiehopper
03-19-2004, 10:32 AM
What about pond liner? I've successfully used that a few times.

rookiemower
03-19-2004, 03:05 PM
carpet works fine, what about a truck mudflap (rubber)

tailoredlook
03-19-2004, 07:55 PM
I just use mirafi. I already have it on the site. Plus it will make the pavers look shinier when you are done.

landscapingpoolguy
03-20-2004, 12:09 PM
Just install nothing except tubled pavers and you wont have to worry about scratching......But using a quailty paver also makes a difference...i just make sure the base of the compactor is very clean...they run about 60 a day to rent about 1500 - 2 g's to own

Chuck

D Felix
03-24-2004, 10:54 AM
Talked to our supplier, he charges $385 for one... He suggested we do what he does, and go get a $10 mudflap.:rolleyes:

What is this "mirafi" some of you have mentioned? I've never heard of it.

Dan