PDA

View Full Version : Need help

thelawnkid
03-16-2004, 06:21 PM
I didn't get as many new customers as I was hopping for this year, and I really need to make some more money. Can you guys give me some ideas on what I should do to make some more money. Right now I just mow, trim, and edge. what should I do to make more money, I really need it. And remember I am only 17 so try to keep things realistic. and thanks for helping

Davis Lawn Mowing, LLC.
03-16-2004, 07:21 PM
spring and fall clean-ups, installing mulch, schrub pruning

houston
03-16-2004, 08:35 PM
Hey Lawnkid,

Where abouts (street) are you in Overland Park? I graduated from Shawnee Mission South in 1968 and have only been back 1 time (2000) since graduating. Just curious. :D

kylel
03-16-2004, 09:35 PM
Look at getting your pesticide lic to legally spread fertilizers. Don't be like some of those people who call themselves landscapers. Be sure to charge accordingly. Scott's and Tru Green rip people off and most of the time they have no customer service skills. Customer service is #1...if your exisitng customer like you and your services they will not think twice about dropping those big rip offs and going with you....plus if you are already there cutting their lawn then you dont have to make a special trip back to apply a fert step.

Good luck...you sound like a winner.

thelawnkid
03-17-2004, 01:27 AM
houston-I'm from around 159th and nall. I am a junior at Blue Valley High School, you might know where that is. It seems like it's pretty far out from shawnee mission, but it has grown alot around there.

Is there any thing else I could do. I just got the papers in the mail to apply for the licenses, but I'm not sure if I need to be 18 or not to get the license, and are the tests that I have to take hard. Thanks for the help guys.