PDA

View Full Version : Is it ME ?????

Flyscaper
03-17-2004, 08:52 AM
Over the past winter i recived my Pesticide Lic. So i began bidding jobs in the area. I have been out on five so far and no deals have been done. My question is monday i was out on a job and quoted a lady who owns just alittle over 40,000/sqf in a nice neighborhood.My price was 180.00 per app she wants one in the spring and one in the fall.She looked @ me like i was crazy. So is it me, am i too high or am i just getting bored housewife that like to shop till thet get for nothing. Any advice wuld be great.

Thanks,
Shaun

DUSTYCEDAR
03-17-2004, 09:18 AM
dont feel bad i am haveing the same problem your price is ok but the lowball big guys pry said around 100 so u look bad

Scraper
03-17-2004, 09:41 AM
Well if it was just straight fertilizer she was after, you may have been a bit high. I'll price down fertilizer only apps to $3/k for a lot that size with a $35 stop fee if I don't maintain the lawn. Any programs that will involve pesticides goes up to $5/k per application to average out the added materials expense.

I just wish I could get Bobby's prices down here.

DUSTYCEDAR
03-17-2004, 09:50 AM
then we would all be RICH:D

Flyscaper
03-17-2004, 12:34 PM
I called her this morning and she said she got it done for 135. I said i will match it if she has it in writting. She say done deal. It sucks somtimes when your starting out, and you need work.

Thanks for your replys
Shaun

Scraper
03-17-2004, 12:45 PM
$135 isn't all that bad if all it is is fert. Just upsell her once you are there. ;)

Flyscaper
03-17-2004, 01:01 PM
Hey scraper what part of SE PA are you from?

Mscotrid
03-18-2004, 12:17 AM
Scraper,

Did the old broad expect you to control her weed problem during the season? I'm sure her 2 app's per season will give her the quality lawn you would be proud to put on your brochures.

I would recommend when talking to potential customers find out what their main need on the property is. If they mention turf color don't go into a big explanation about how you will control all of their weeds for them. Describe how your program will provide the deep dark kick ass green color their wanting. Than ask for the business.

Scraper
03-18-2004, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Mscotrid
Scraper,

Did the old broad expect you to control her weed problem during the season? I'm sure her 2 app's per season will give her the quality lawn you would be proud to put on your brochures.

I would recommend when talking to potential customers find out what their main need on the property is. If they mention turf color don't go into a big explanation about how you will control all of their weeds for them. Describe how your program will provide the deep dark kick ass green color their wanting. Than ask for the business.

Pardon me? It isn't my account...I was just offering my advice. Why don't you get your head out of your but and go back and reread the thread. Nothing was said aboutweeds, and sometimes a customer could care less. :confused: Actually if timede properly, two applications can make a nice lawn...do you even know when the most important time to fertilize is?

Flyscaper...I am in Western Delaware County.

Tvov
03-18-2004, 09:49 AM
I think that was just a mistake by Mscotrid.

Scraper
03-18-2004, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Tvov
I think that was just a mistake by Mscotrid.

Possibly :confused:

After all these years....I would hope. If so, I apologize in advance for my "but" comment.