PDA

View Full Version : ASV RC30 Who owns one & are there any problems?

rambo10
03-17-2004, 06:13 PM
I am purchasing a Polaris ASL 300, which is actually the ASV RC30.

Can anyone tell me, that owns one or that knows about them, if there are any problems with them!!

Thanks,

Bill

Planet Landscaping
03-17-2004, 07:31 PM
Bill, tempting @ the local price for Polaris asl 300. Too small for me.Hellava value now. They will sell now! I almost got one for $12,900. Prolly should. Dont know of anybody that got one. They look VERY well built. ps You know why their so cheap is because Polaris and ASV did not work out.An ASV is $20,000, Same thing.

rambo10
03-18-2004, 12:43 PM
jammer,

I know they are starting to sell like hotcakes because of the price.
I am paying 14k.

I had a demo of one and am now purchasing one. It digs real well, doesn't damage turf and is light enough to put on a 7,000lb trailer.

I have not heard of any bad things, only good, but would still like to hear from anyone that has had one for a while and if they have had any problems.

thanks for the input!

Planet Landscaping
03-18-2004, 03:25 PM
What town ya from Bill? Who r u buying from?

rambo10
03-18-2004, 04:00 PM
Middletown

Butler Power Equipment, West hartford. He is a general landscaping power equipment dealer(pretty good sized) and now after the fiasco with Polaris and ASV, he is now an ASV dealer also. So, I will not have any parts/repair issues and there is also a CAT dealer nearby in case there are problems with the motor.

I priced an ASV RC30 from a dealer in Newington and he gave me a price of 23K!

Planet Landscaping
03-18-2004, 09:16 PM
SWEET I wanna play in it sometime.

Planet Landscaping
03-22-2004, 07:05 AM
Bill, How is it??????????:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :blob2: :cool: :D :D :D

mg10117
05-20-2008, 07:57 AM
did you ever buy the asv rc30, if so...how do you like it??

Digdeep
05-20-2008, 11:00 AM
I do know that there have been numerous upgrades to the current ASV PT30s over the Polaris machines. Pump brackets, larger wheel bearings, larger sprockets, different track technology 33hp now etc. I would get a list of updates you may have to do from your local ASV dealer. He could probably get the entire list of changes ASV has made to the machine since then. They are amazing little machines and the amount of traction and material they can move blows me away.

bobcat_ron
05-20-2008, 01:55 PM
Different track technology? Like what, other than the changes to the undercarriage?

74inchShovel
05-20-2008, 09:53 PM
I think the RC/Polaris machines have a couple issues. Take a good look at the cylinder eyes-see any bushings? Nope, none there. This might be excusable on a " Cub Cadet ", but on something touted as a piece of construction equipment it is inexcusable. On my machine (RC 30), there was so much wear after 600 hrs, I had to take cylinders off, have new ends welded on, and press in bearings. Yes, it sees alot of grease. Next year will have more joints to re-do. I had a brief exchange of E-mails with ASV about this, at first they seemed to be helpful with this, but their tune changed. This, combined with the fact that the PT 60 I demo'ed had bad lag problems is why there is a new TL 130 in my yard. :laugh:

ksss
05-20-2008, 09:58 PM
I really cant see the "very well built" comment. I thought they were very lightly built, I realize they are a smaller machine, but certainly they could have put some steel in it.

Ausman
05-23-2008, 05:27 PM
We spend aout 2500 on the Rc30 here prior to delivery to make the machine to a standard to withstand tha australian conditions. after that we never see them again the just run. It comes dow to asking your selling dealer to make the machine meet your requirements.

bobcat_ron
05-23-2008, 05:28 PM
What are the items that get upgraded?

Ausman
05-23-2008, 07:10 PM
We fit hard metal plates to the rear of the wheels and mud seals on top of the original wheel seals to stop moisture and mud rusting the seal and seal guard, bore and bush the hitch pins, re allighn the sprocket table, wrap the wheel motor hoses, and various hoses that rub through, fit torsion bar limiters, fit a rear counterweight.

bobcat_ron
05-23-2008, 08:16 PM
The first modification sounds kinda interesting, got some pics in the future?

stuvecorp
05-25-2008, 01:17 PM
We spend aout 2500 on the Rc30 here prior to delivery to make the machine to a standard to withstand tha australian conditions. after that we never see them again the just run. It comes dow to asking your selling dealer to make the machine meet your requirements.

What I don't get is when we bought our Polaris it was $14,000, a RC 30 was around $21,000(not sure what they are going for now?) for that kind of spread they should come with the mods Ausman mentions. I like the machines but they are not 'contractor' grade. Ours now has alittle over 900 hours and has been pretty good, the birdcage/sprocket thing has been replaced twice, starter, glow plows, hyd. hose but the tracks are still in good shape so overall I am happy with it.

jmf
05-25-2008, 07:29 PM
What kind of lag? Cylinders, tracks, engine?

jmf

I think the RC/Polaris machines have a couple issues. Take a good look at the cylinder eyes-see any bushings? Nope, none there. This might be excusable on a " Cub Cadet ", but on something touted as a piece of construction equipment it is inexcusable. On my machine (RC 30), there was so much wear after 600 hrs, I had to take cylinders off, have new ends welded on, and press in bearings. Yes, it sees alot of grease. Next year will have more joints to re-do. I had a brief exchange of E-mails with ASV about this, at first they seemed to be helpful with this, but their tune changed. This, combined with the fact that the PT 60 I demo'ed had bad lag problems is why there is a new TL 130 in my yard. :laugh:

74inchShovel
05-25-2008, 11:59 PM
The controls for the directional joystick were very slow. Bad enough to be a deal breaker.

J. Peterson Grading
05-26-2008, 10:03 AM
Mine developed that lag time. When it was new it had no problems at all. But over the last 3 years its started developing small nagging problems.

Now mine is an RC50.

First, the heads had to be replaced @ 250 Hrs.
I Have gone through around 20 lower bucket pins. Ongoing since new. Poor design Imo.
Snapped a Hydrolic coupler out of the loader arm Hyudrolic manifold. ending in total replacement of couplers and manifold.
Had serious fuel system problems. Mostly due to debris, water, and other "Crap" getting in the fuel tank. 550 Hrs
Ehaust pipe rusted off had to be replaced @ 570 Hrs
Snapped upper bucket pin, resulting in bending a bucket cylinder.
Has bad sensors for hydrolic and temp.

After all this I still love my RC50. I just can't find a machine that can do all the various things this machine can do.

J.

ksss
05-26-2008, 11:52 AM
Mine developed that lag time. When it was new it had no problems at all. But over the last 3 years its started developing small nagging problems.

Now mine is an RC50.

I Have gone through around 20 lower bucket pins. Ongoing since new. Poor design Imo.
Snapped a Hydrolic coupler out of the loader arm Hyudrolic manifold. ending in total replacement of couplers and manifold.
Had serious fuel system problems. Mostly due to debris, water, and other "Crap" getting in the fuel tank. 550 Hrs

After all this I still love my RC50. I just can't find a machine that can do all the various things this machine can do.

J.

That is love. Does a regular CTL not perform like you need it to or is it the ride of the machine that keeps you happy?

bobcat_ron
05-26-2008, 02:35 PM
Yeah, that is love, if that was me, well, you know the story.

Digdeep
05-26-2008, 02:57 PM

Now mine is an RC50.

J.

I have the "old style" RC50 just like you. Thankfully I haven't ewxperienced the problems you've had. I did have the updated hydraulic coupler manifold installed before I purchased the machine and the resolver block under the joystick was the newer one so that it didn't have the lag problems. You should see about getting a new resolver to fix it. CAT had the same problem on their skids and MTLs and New Holland is experiencing some similar problems.

I do like the newer PT50s with the updated solid state gauge packages and 1.5" bucket pins (the same size as the PT100). Despite some of its shortcomings, I agree with you that for the size, weight, and width no other machine comes close to matching the RC50s capabilities. I did look at Bobcats T140 and Takeuchi's new TL120 but they just arent as nimble, lack the traction, and all around underperformed compared to the RC50 in IMHO.

jmf
05-26-2008, 06:06 PM
The controls for the directional joystick were very slow. Bad enough to be a deal breaker.

I have an SR80 and the controls seem great. I'm wondering if the PT-60 model is the problem, the particular unit you were testing, or maybe it's matter of preference. Did you try the PT-80 to see if the controls were any different?

jmf

J. Peterson Grading
05-26-2008, 07:23 PM
I have tried many other machines and problems aside I just can't find a machine that will compeat with my RC50. And Believe me I have operated other machines.

Infact I wouldn't mind owning another one (RC50). I Supposed If I were to get another machine. I would go for an RC60 or SR70. But for sure stick with the ASV line.

I guess Its funny. In my area all the contractors feel that they have to have the largest Skidloader to get any work done. I own/operate a machine that literilaly weighs 1/2 and has half the horse power, and I can do everything they can do just as fast with out problems. Not to mention I have better fuel efficency.

I have another Brand on rent right now for my brush mowing. I totally hate it. I would love to send it back and just purchase a used RC85 or 100. But locating a machine like these, especially in my area is real hard.

J.

Ausman
05-26-2008, 11:50 PM
Guys, Rexroth supplied ASv and Cat and other manufacturers with a whole load of hand controllers where the machining in the resolver block was poor not allowing the case pressure to drop away fast enough, this has long gone now for over 12 months since i have replaced a resolver.

If you have an old model RC50 with 25mm pins we did modify the loader frames out here and fitted solid 41/40 pins and fitted greas nippled that grease via the centre of the loader arm. the pind do break at the grease holes. While we were modifying the loader we braced the rear of the loader arm to stop the pins pulling through, that will not be an issue in the Usa as you dont fit big ass 4 in 1 buckets and drag in reverse like Aussie operators. They can break anything.

a little know fact as well is that the undercarriages have bushings where the uc goes on the torsion axles you need to replace these at 2000hrs or so or if you hear noises, had a bunch of guys wear the axles after the bush wore out.

74inchShovel
05-27-2008, 01:47 AM
I know the feeling. I ***** alot about this machine on this site, but bottom line it gets ran more than anything else, its the go to machine for my guys.

J. Peterson Grading
05-27-2008, 06:04 PM
Ausman.

How did you guys down there do your bucket pin mods? Did you have to do any "Bore outs" to fit the larger pin? Where did you place your grease zerks? Directly over the bucket pins on the lower arm? Do you now have any probems with the machine "Taking" grease?

With the old style. If it doesn't get greased every single time you get on it, the grease holes through the bucket pins will plug up. Resulting in having to remove the pins one at a time, picking the holes out, then pounding on them with a grease re-juvenator untill whats left of a plug comes squirting out.. Then you put that one back in and go to the next one. Its only the lower pins that I ever have any trouble with.

As for the upper arm pins. You have seen these tear out? Like I have said before. In my area I own the only ASV. So hearing about the problems other guys have is basically unheard of.

I do however run 66" buckets on it (Tooth and smooth) and I use a 72" easy grader landplane almost daily on it. That being said. I am not that overly hard on it. I do my heavy digging with my excavator and clean up the loose stuff with my RC50. Seems to work well for me.

Thanks guys

J.

Ausman
05-27-2008, 06:24 PM
I have had one guy who bored and bushed his lower arms out to the large pin size himself, this stopped the pins breaking. You just need to get commercially availible bushings and new larger pins. I dont think you will have problems with the upper pins in the tower unless you are dragging back. This failure is not exclusive to ASV case and toyota also have the same problems it is an application problem. Machines are more than twice the price down here so we buy smaller cheaper machines and work them harder.

J. Peterson Grading
05-27-2008, 06:30 PM
Kinda like mine.

Thanks Man

J.

74inchShovel
05-28-2008, 12:29 AM
"I have an SR80 and the controls seem great. I'm wondering if the PT-60 model is the problem, the particular unit you were testing, or maybe it's matter of preference. Did you try the PT-80 to see if the controls were any different?"

No, I did not try the PT-80. I dont think it is a matter of preference, as the controls on my RC 30 are fine. I mean, I knew within 30 seconds of the demo that there was no way I could buy the machine. Which was a bummer, cause I was jacked about the fantastic ground speed. I spoke to the dealer about this and got an answer that did not seem quite right. Might have been that machine, would love to hear from any PT 60 owners out there.

Ausman
05-28-2008, 01:30 AM
I have clocked over 200hrs now in the PT60 and there is no delay over what is designed to give you the posipower in the PT60. I would not buy another SR80 if it was given to me, they are not fully developed yet and i wont be a guinea pig. Have spent hrs and hrs trying to get enough power from one. Go try another one. To test for a faulty resolver block -- drive machine forward then turn left, left left 3 times quickly then turn right. If the reverse alarm sounds you have a failed resolver.

jmf
05-28-2008, 08:51 AM
What do you mean by a lack of power? I have demoed takeuchi tl140 and a Bobcat t300, and the ASV had more power than either. The Takeuchi and the Bobcat tend to stall out against a pile where the ASV keeps digging. If you have any SR80's to give away I'll pay for the shipping back to the U.S.

BTW, where did you get the resolver test procedure? I'll have to try that. Thanks.

jmf

I have clocked over 200hrs now in the PT60 and there is no delay over what is designed to give you the posipower in the PT60. I would not buy another SR80 if it was given to me, they are not fully developed yet and i wont be a guinea pig. Have spent hrs and hrs trying to get enough power from one. Go try another one. To test for a faulty resolver block -- drive machine forward then turn left, left left 3 times quickly then turn right. If the reverse alarm sounds you have a failed resolver.

stuvecorp
06-01-2008, 01:39 PM
I have tried many other machines and problems aside I just can't find a machine that will compeat with my RC50. And Believe me I have operated other machines.

Infact I wouldn't mind owning another one (RC50). I Supposed If I were to get another machine. I would go for an RC60 or SR70. But for sure stick with the ASV line.

I guess Its funny. In my area all the contractors feel that they have to have the largest Skidloader to get any work done. I own/operate a machine that literilaly weighs 1/2 and has half the horse power, and I can do everything they can do just as fast with out problems. Not to mention I have better fuel efficency.

I have another Brand on rent right now for my brush mowing. I totally hate it. I would love to send it back and just purchase a used RC85 or 100. But locating a machine like these, especially in my area is real hard.

J.

I have been thinking about this some this week, I was trying to harley/finish rake a lawn and with all the trees, septic, well and steep ditches my 70XT was just to big. Once I got to the back yard it was fine but for some projects the bigger skids seem(to me) overkill? I like our Polaris but more the Rc50/60 size that is only 60" wide would fill or work on jobs where you don't need the brute pushing power of the bigger skid. I don't really want to buy another machine but am starting to wonder.

ksss
06-01-2008, 02:40 PM
I have been thinking about this some this week, I was trying to harley/finish rake a lawn and with all the trees, septic, well and steep ditches my 70XT was just to big. Once I got to the back yard it was fine but for some projects the bigger skids seem(to me) overkill? I like our Polaris but more the Rc50/60 size that is only 60" wide would fill or work on jobs where you don't need the brute pushing power of the bigger skid. I don't really want to buy another machine but am starting to wonder.

I found out in the late 90's that trying to do every thing with one machine did not work well for me either. I was putting over 1500 hours a year on an 1840 so I tried just using an 85XT and with in months bought another 1840 and have keeped using the two machine concept ever since. The 85XT was too big for a lot of applications. The VTS I think although certainly capable, makes for a big machine. I have speced my last two small machines at 66" in width for that reason (70XT and 440). This is why I am further considering running three machines. The VTS 440, 440 wheeled and the 465. There are other issues of course with this but I am considering it.

stuvecorp
06-01-2008, 03:05 PM
My 70XT has an 80" bucket so it is sorta big and I get in to some stuff where all that horsepower doesn't help. I am loving the VTS on the machine and haven't shredded the axles(yet). For me, I am thinking the 70XT is my big and then going for a smaller machine. I would really like a 420 but will have to check to see the width on it and what would be the best track options. Instead of 450/465 skid a 621 loader is my main wish if the quad happens.

ksss
06-01-2008, 03:17 PM
My 70XT has an 80" bucket so it is sorta big and I get in to some stuff where all that horsepower doesn't help. I am loving the VTS on the machine and haven't shredded the axles(yet). For me, I am thinking the 70XT is my big and then going for a smaller machine. I would really like a 420 but will have to check to see the width on it and what would be the best track options. Instead of 450/465 skid a 621 loader is my main wish if the quad happens.

I will have a 621E on rent this week. I would also like a wheel loader but I wont pay what they seem to demand. A 621D sold at a RB auction in SLC for 60K a couple days ago. It was an 03 with about 3K on it. That was an acceptable deal to me. Paying over 100K for one is not and that is the rate for a late model, low houred machine. I understand that the 420 gained greatly from the Series 3 updates. I like the specs on that machine.

stuvecorp
06-01-2008, 03:35 PM
I will have a 621E on rent this week. I would also like a wheel loader but I wont pay what they seem to demand. A 621D sold at a RB auction in SLC for 60K a couple days ago. It was an 03 with about 3K on it. That was an acceptable deal to me. Paying over 100K for one is not and that is the rate for a late model, low houred machine. I understand that the 420 gained greatly from the Series 3 updates. I like the specs on that machine.

Ooh, a new E series, ran a 621D a few years ago and was very nice. What has changed on the new loaders? I am really missing a big loader, so far this year I should have gotten a wheel loader instead of the excavator. Found a 621D with 2800 hours and they are asking $49,500, looks in decent shape.

I found the width for a 420 can go down to 60". Wonder if a set a Soildeal rubber tracks would work on that?

How is the new pickup been? What is the fuel mileage?

ksss
06-01-2008, 03:44 PM
Ooh, a new E series, ran a 621D a few years ago and was very nice. What has changed on the new loaders? I am really missing a big loader, so far this year I should have gotten a wheel loader instead of the excavator. Found a 621D with 2800 hours and they are asking $49,500, looks in decent shape.

I found the width for a 420 can go down to 60". Wonder if a set a Soildeal rubber tracks would work on that?

How is the new pickup been? What is the fuel mileage?

I have been raking up the miles. I think I have had it about a month and it has 2700 miles on it. I am getting 18.5 mpg. That is not bad considering most of it is short trip kinda stuff. I have yet drive more than 30 miles at time with it, so I don't know how it will do over the road. There is a performance place here that supposedly will reprogram the ECM and get more power and a garrantee of 3 more MPG. I was going to let it break in a little more and go see those guys. I would like to be over 20. I can get about 430 miles to a tank. My Duramax is like 300.

That is a good deal on a 621D especially if the tires are in good shape. The only issue with those D's and there is a lot of them out here is the fuel economy is not good, the E
's are supposed to be better. I will soon find out. There were a lot of changes to the E series. CASE makes a nice front end loader.

J. Peterson Grading
06-01-2008, 03:44 PM
For me its a bit different.

I do mostly existing residential turf and landscape repair work. So having a large machine just isn't an option. But My machine (RC50) Wasn't purchased because I wanted to do this work.

I had to buy this machine. In the begining all I had for equipment was My 05 Nissan Frontier and some hand tools. I needed a machine that could be towed buy my truck. I also needed a machine that could get some work accomplised while I was on site. I looked at alot of different machines. ASV was the only company that had any sort of a lighter ride-on tracked machine. (RC30 -50) I found my RC50 used at my local Bobcat dealership and did a rent to own on it. It came bare bones, and as I made a bit of a profit and learned the business I upgraded my Machine.

Since then I have grown by leaps and bounds (Mostly due to the Nitche market that I am the only competitor in) But I like to think its because I do good work, But I owe alot of my success to my RC50. It doesn't get used everyday (My Excavator does) But I can accomplish so much work with it.

Like I said in an above post. I do Have another larger machine on rent right now (Volvo 110B with VTS) I got it mostly to operate my brush mower (Since its to heavy for the RC50 witch makes it very unstable) We used it on a large yard grading project and felt all that it was good for was shoving mass amounts of dirt off the property. But as for mowing it doesn't do to bad. I would like to just buy a used RC85 or 100 to mow with, But my business plan is based 100% on cash flow, and right now the csh flow just won't alow it. (I only use the bank for my checking account and savings. I have 0 Business loans or lines of credit. I pay in cash for everything therefore I own my entire fleet) I have a few large repair jobs on the books for july and a handful of mowing jobs that shold cover the cost of a newer used machine.

But. I have been thinging of getting an RC30 as well. My reasoning is. I could use it year round, I could fit into yards where my RC50 can't (Believe me I get those jobs as well) I could get it with a power rake to make sod repairs go quicker and more efficient.

Sorry for the long winded story here guys.

J.

ksss
06-01-2008, 03:52 PM
It may in the long run serve you to take a loan every so often even if you don't need to. I find that a great credit score allows for lower insurance rates, better bonding ability, etc. I also like to take advantage of the low or zero interest offered by OEMs. Both my skid steers are less than 1 percent interest. Makes little sense to cash them out when they will loan the money for free. Just a thought.

J. Peterson Grading
06-01-2008, 03:58 PM
I Just don't like to deal with them. Thats all. Plus I like the since of accomplishment knowing that I did it all myself.

J.

stuvecorp
06-01-2008, 03:59 PM
J., the 30 is real handy on the small stuff and have not regretted getting it. I have done some grading on cabins where the trees have to stay and the bigger machines can't fit. On one I spread about 75 yards of black dirt, it took along time but the 30 was the only thing other that a Dingo type machine that would work. That's cool you are liquid with your business. I don't think I will ever get that way, too much stuff I 'need'.:)

KSSS, Case doesn't have to take a back seat to anyone with their loaders since they came out with the 21 series. A bigger heavy highway contractor that is all Cat run alot of 821's, they claim it is one of the best in that class. The truck sounds like a winner.

J. Peterson Grading
06-01-2008, 04:03 PM
BTW. I had a Snow sub come in one night that had a BRAND new 621E on demo. It was SOOO nice!!!. Way nicer than the C's and D's. And it had just a ton of power. We pushed up all of Decembers Snow fall in about 5 hours on 2 large accounts.

J.

ksss
06-01-2008, 04:21 PM
The 465 works as my front end loader for most of my applications, but not always. Next weeks project is 4K square feet 10 feet in the ground and it all has to be moved as there is no room to stack around the hole. The one I did earlier this year which was 5K we did with the 465 but it takes too long. I don't have that kind of time. So renting a wheel loader is my only option. I hate renting anything, but sometimes it is the only way.

stuvecorp
06-01-2008, 04:28 PM
The thing I am finding(and I didn't think all the way thru) is until I can move the excavator myself, the loader was able to drive to the job site or dirt pile. There are so many trucks but getting the truck loaded is the big thing, the skid can do it but isn't time effective.

J. Peterson Grading
06-01-2008, 05:41 PM
I have a nice compact tractor for the reason you guys are talking about above.

I can drive it from site to site or stock pile to stock pile to load my trucks. Its just wonderful.

I know you guys are talking large stuff, But big stuff for me just doesn't fit into my operation. Plus it desn't take much to load 3 toner dump trucks. lol

But you guys should see my trucking operation. Small trucks can do lots of work the big trucks can't. I will post pics, Bobcatron style.

J.

J. Peterson Grading
06-01-2008, 05:52 PM
Kaiser.

Why cant you just topload out with your 9020? It has to be faster than loading with you skidloader. Plus the less you have to handle the spoil material, the more $$ you make in the long run. Use that 465 as a knock down machine.

J.

ksss
06-01-2008, 07:55 PM
We usually load with the excavator but in this case that wont work. We have to stock pile off site. Once the hole is dug, we will back fill the floor and the walls and then put the excavator on the pile and load out the extra fill. The purpose of the loader is to keep the material away from the excavator. The 465 cant keep up without dumping off some of the material around the hole which isn't an option here.

J. Peterson Grading
06-01-2008, 08:39 PM
Are you in a congested area then? Can't you back the trucks to the hoe?
Just wondering and trying to help.

J.

ksss
06-01-2008, 10:55 PM
I could but I would need more trucks than I have to keep the excavator from sitting. It would take about 5 trucks to keep the excavator from waiting. At $75-110 an hour depending on what size trucks I got, that is a lot of money to sub out. Rather it costs about 350 a day to rent the 621E. I can dig the hole in two days. So for about $700.00 in loader rental I can haul off all of the ex and keep the trucking in house and do it on rainy days or if we happen to be slow and I need something for someone to do, we can always haul material. The other issue is I bid this a month ago and diesel has only gone higher. I need to keep as much in house as possible. I was real lucky on friday I saw an other excavator picking up pit run piles near by. I called him and asked if he needed fill material. So happened he need a lot so we started taking lifts off my dig and hauled off about 60 truck loads all it cost me was excavator time. Got lucky there.

J. Peterson Grading
06-01-2008, 11:05 PM
Thats why I purchased a 3rd truck. I get tired of prices being so High just to operate, I just can't see giving someone else the cash to do anything.

J.

HL Landscape
06-04-2008, 09:24 AM
Back to the ASV topic...I bought a RC-60 four years ago, then a SR-70 last summer and finally pickey up an RC-30 last fall. I bought the RC-30 to help out on a pretty good sized sidewalk snow contract. With the exception of several implement issues the machine worked very well. Now that summer is here I can't believe how much we are using that little thing. For a baby machine it is amazing how much work that thing can accomplish. As far as reliability it has been o.k., during the snow season we had a broken belt at 60 hrs. and then a significant hydraulic oil leak at 110 hrs. The oil leak was reapired under warranty and everything has been 100% since. IMO it would never work as an "only" piece of equipment, but given the opportunity to pick one up as an addition to a fleet...go for it.