PDA

View Full Version : How do I charge for General Yard Cleanup?

NJSalesPro
03-17-2004, 09:59 PM
How would I charge for general yard clean-up, spring clean up, raking leaves, bagging, basic stuff??

Thanks again.

noiseyvoyzey
03-17-2004, 10:01 PM
by your hourly rate :)

EastProLawn
03-17-2004, 10:04 PM
You have to figure out your overhead first

1. How much do you want to pay yourself / employee
2. Avg. cost to run machines / blower, mower, etc.
3. Dumping charge

I usually charge about $45.00 /hr and figure out how many hours it's gonna take, then tell customer the total. I never explain to the customer the price per hour ( they just don't understand man hours ) They see a total instead of what your making per hour.

Hope this helps a little

locutus
03-17-2004, 10:05 PM
Yesterday it was mowing prices, today it's cleanups. Why dont you get it over with and ask all your pricing questions in one post?

Cleanups are one of the hardest things to price. I dont have a set rate. I have to personally veiw the site. I add 30% to what I would be happy to get just because I usually under-bid these jobs.

GarPA
03-18-2004, 04:44 AM
Locutus gave you good advice...ALWAYS inflate the estimate after you've seen the property because nearly ALWAYS, cleanups take longer than you think they will. 30% is a good number to use.

Suggest you dont give your hourly rate as most people don;t think guys with tarps, rakes etc, should be making anyway near what we have to charge per man hour. We usually use a low to high price range ...and have never quoted by the hour.

IndyPropertyCare
03-18-2004, 05:21 AM
I have had enough of this ...... from this day forward.. EVERYONE is to tell their customers this...... ;)

All work will be completed in a timely manner and with the best service we have to offer. We will send you the bill each month.

There... no set prices, no haggling over bids...the work gets done and you get paid.

Bill your customers just like the gas stations do.... for NO reason at all ,,,, adjust the price as you see fit ( bad day- worn out-hungry- etc. )

HUmmm, I think Im on to something here :eek:

GarPA
03-18-2004, 06:33 AM
thats funny Indy

The longer I'm in this business, the less time I spend haggling with price shoppers.. As soon as I sense that someones priorities are:

1. price
2. price
3. price,

...the higher the fee gets...

I have zero tolerance anymore for price shoppers...they usually make for pita customers anyway