PDA

View Full Version : 21" walk behinds

nickslawn
03-18-2004, 12:01 AM
I am looking at 2 21" push mowers. Yardman 6.5hp 3 in 1 self propelled, and Poulan Pro 7hp 3 in 1 self propelled. Which one is better for small commercial mowing. I know they are not commercial mowers. But I am going into business for myself but can only afford push mowers. Along with the best one does anyone know how fast either mow pulls? I willing be mowing yards that range from 15,000 to 25,000 sp. ft. How many yards should I be able to mow. mow/trim/blow I work for a lawn service now but only make $8.00 per. hr. can't support a family on that.

I use a 21" toro 5.5 suzuki 2-cycle recycler nd it will pull between 2.5-3.8 mph.

Thanks

twins_lawn_care
03-18-2004, 08:14 AM
I was in your shoes just last year. What I learned was SAVE YOUR MONEY and buy something a little better. Not what you wanted to hear, but it is the truth. Using in general any kind of homeowner moedel, you will just be replacing it for the most part in a year. I'd say if you have to, get a cheaper one, save ALL your money, and move up as soon as you can. Check on Ebay and local sales, you may be able to find a little better one for cheaper, and maybe even run across a commercial grade one.
Good luck with the business, it can happen for you, but give it time. Hard to support a family on one 21" puch mower, so give it time to grow.