PDA

View Full Version : feedback on my site

mikedyar
03-18-2004, 05:25 PM
just wanted to know what everyone thinks of my site
www.perfectionlawn.com

ksland
03-18-2004, 05:29 PM
Its a start. I don't agree with the 10% less than they pay now line. I know that isn't what you wanted an opinion on but I felt the need to say it.

The color scheme doesn't say landscaping to me.

spoolinaround
03-18-2004, 08:53 PM
IMAGE THIEF!!! IMAGE THIEF!!! IMAGE THIEF!!! IMAGE THIEF!!! IMAGE THIEF!!! IMAGE THIEF!!! IMAGE THIEF!!! IMAGE THIEF!!!

YOU STOLE THE IMAGES FOR YOUR SITE from the late Eric Ericsons site!
http://www.elmlawnsite.com/lawn_pictures_page.htm

heres the proof if you decide to change them

http://www.nclsllc.com/images/image_thief.JPG

mikedyar
03-18-2004, 10:49 PM
i guess your right about the 10% deal to much cut throat out there now and as far as being a image thief i did not claim to be the one who mowed those lawns i just thought it was great work and wanted to show them.

ksland
03-18-2004, 10:50 PM
Thought those pics looked familiar

studentlawn
03-19-2004, 02:43 PM
"Without proper, periodic lawn maintenance, the look and feel of your property will suffer. Our scheduling and pricing plans are very versatile and accommodating"

I don't like this phrase, anyone can give their lawn periodic lawn maintenance. Your trying to sell the idea that their lawn will suffer without the best and most frequent of care.

Come one now, your promising me you can maintain a lawn for cheaper price then anyone else? I guarentee you don't have the volume to be a wal mart. IYou are only hurting your profits along with everyone elses by making statements like this.

And it's boring. Otherwise good start. Id also suggest you take those pics down real fast if they aren't yours. You can easily ask people for pics, and many will gladly help you out.

mikedyar
03-19-2004, 11:15 PM
your right anyone can give periodic care to a lawn but can they provide proper care and as for the pics there already off you should have checked before making remarks about them and who are you to pass judgement on me about what kind of volume i have. i came here for thoughts on the site not to be beaten down by everyone so if you can honestly tell me that lawns will not suffer without proper and periodic maintenance then maybe you should be in another line of work because you would be wrong.......

jajwrigh
03-20-2004, 12:35 AM
Decent start....acquire your own images! Mine gets nicer with each version....working on my 3rd site now!

mikedyar
03-20-2004, 12:25 PM
thanks i will prob.just add photos of work i do myself and take it from there this is just a start and i will need a better web tool to do a better site at a later date thanks again

Sebatical
04-10-2004, 11:31 AM
Two initial thoughts come to mind here:

First, you cannot justify use of someone else's pictures by saying, "I never said I was the one who did the work. I just thought they looked nice."

The point of the matter is that when you create a website to advertise your business, your visitors assume that it's just that. Your business. If the work in the photos is not yours and there's nothing on the site to denote this, then you're misleading your viewers. Obviously if you're in south Jersey and you're displaying pictures of picturesque lawns in northern Indiana (as was the case with the aforementioned pictures), your customers are not going to be fooled by this anyway.

Secondly, while it's admirable that you and your web designer friend have started your own businesses, he has a long and not-so-fun road ahead of him if he is under the impression that it is acceptable to violate federal copyright laws by using other people's work without proper persmissions. There's a term for web designers that get into the habit of doing that: Unemployed.

mikedyar
04-12-2004, 10:29 PM
i see the pictures are going to be a never ending discussion on this toppic. i said before i never meant to offend anyone with the use of thase pics and i took them off right away so why am i stiff catching hell over them and i did the site myself so it was my fault for putting the pictures on there i should have never done so without permission to do so from the owner of them and that is why i put them on there. and as for the statement about people just assuming the work was done by me if the pics are on my site if thats is the case why does everyone else say just ask for pics and people will be glad to give you some

ksland
04-12-2004, 10:40 PM
"Hello and welcome to perfection lawn care.
My name is Michael Dyar and i recently started this company after working for another landscape company for several years. I can offer the same quality you recieve now or better for a lower price. just give me a call or send me an email with your info and i will respond as soon as possible."

The name of your company should be capitalized.

i should be capital.

recieve is spelt receive.

missing a comma after now.

just should be capitalized.

and another i needs capitalization.

Green Care
04-12-2004, 10:47 PM
Just need to add some more photo's

I'm sure with permission you can get some help.

mikedyar
04-12-2004, 10:58 PM
Thank You
That's the kind of feedback i am looking for.

mikedyar
04-12-2004, 11:06 PM
fixed the errors , now any chance i can try to do this the right way and ask if anyone would like to help out with some photo's thanks for the help

edger
04-13-2004, 03:31 PM
Mike,

First and fore most is to ask permission before using anyone elses things. Most of here will not have a problem. As long as you ASK before doing!! I'm sure if you look on the page on which you go the pic, they were trademarked. Which mean if the owner wanted to be a real ass he could. You would be SOL.

Here are a few things i'd redo. 1 Change the text you are using in the name. Change it to something more eye catching. 2. Put your logo beside your name at the top of the page and do away with the other. 3. Lose the counter. 4. The guest book is something of the past. If your doing the page yourself there are programs that log everyone that visits your site and how they found your site. 5. The contact page just needs to be redone altogether, "customers a chance to tell us what they think about our website" Nope sorry man thats got to go.

Thats what I would suggest doing on your site. Just my $.02

Chris

n-8
04-28-2004, 05:22 PM
Your site takes a long time to load. I would look at getting some optimized images. I am on a high speed connection and it took over a minute to download them.

It would seem that you really struck a nerve with spoolinaround . It's not like you stole someones corporate identity. But it has been my experience that people are just looking for something to complain about.

If you need royalty free images you can get a membership at a number of places. I use www.photospin.com

They have a great service.