PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy paper lawn bags?

ZaK18
03-18-2004, 08:48 PM
Here in Fort Worth, the city has an ordinance that you have to put grass clipings and leaves in paper lawn bags or the garbagmen wont pick them up.

Here's the problem, the grass catcher on my 21" proline wont fit into the 30 gal. bags (distributed by homedepot,lowes) and its a real pain trying to get the clippings into one of those bags.

Does anyone know if someone makes a larger paper bag, and if so where do they sell them

specialtylc
03-18-2004, 08:53 PM
Man I'm glad I dont work in texas.

lawnman_scott
03-18-2004, 08:56 PM
I dont know, but you may want to go th the city council meeting and try to figure out what those moronic idiot control freaks were thinking. Maybe the plastic bags are hurting the environment and are going to bring earth to a screaching halt. Also ask when the next election is so you can vote for anyone but the morons who voted for something so stupid.

joed
03-18-2004, 09:09 PM
Zak,

Here in Toronto, we have the same problem with yard waste being required to be put in paper yard waste bags. What I have found best to work with the bag on the toro proline is to buy a box of large industrial strength plastic garbage bags at home depot. These are the biggest ones available. I empty the proline bag into them and then into the yard waste bag. It takes a bit longer but works better. Sometimes, however, if I have to bag, I just use my commercial lawnboy since its bag seems to fit better.
Hope this helps.

ZaK18
03-18-2004, 10:33 PM
Looks like i'm buying a lawnboy. Thanks for the imput

chinook Winds
03-19-2004, 11:41 AM
Another good reason to MULCH instead of bagging. I have noticed a big drop in my dump fees through cutting season, not to mention time & material cost savings & I am sure there has been a drop in truck costs mileage fuel etc that all are added to my NP. The bonus is I have noticed a drop in amount of thatch when I do my spring clean ups for regular customers.
Just my $0.02 which I get to keep:D

Roger
03-19-2004, 01:49 PM
Zak18:

You need a Lawn Funnel. Do a search, use Roger as author, and look for a thread entitled "Bagging grass clippings in plastic bags" or something like that. The thread is year 2002.

I posted the initial question, but somebody offered a good solution for your question. Scroll down a few postings, and you will see a picture. It is intended for the paper bags you are needing to use, but plastic will work. I know a man who uses the Lawn Funnel bagging off a rear-bagger rider Snapper (ugh on the mower!). But, it works well for him. I've seen them in a local hardware store.

I chose not to use one for my plastic bags, rather use plastic bags to line a plastic trash barrel. But, for your needs, it should work well.

Roger
03-19-2004, 02:25 PM
Zak18:

While searching for something else, I stumbled upon a Web site that has bagging supplies, bags, holders, etc.

doitbest.com

Search for plastic bags or Funnel

ZaK18
03-19-2004, 07:51 PM
Roger your a life saver! Thanks

madisonpressurewashing
06-23-2011, 02:35 AM
If it was me, I would start selling my customers on the great benifits of mulching

topsites
06-23-2011, 09:07 AM
I dont know, but you may want to go th the city council meeting and try to figure out what those moronic idiot control freaks were thinking. Maybe the plastic bags are hurting the environment and are going to bring earth to a screaching halt. Also ask when the next election is so you can vote for anyone but the morons who voted for something so stupid.

You need to vote yourself out then, case you haven't heard, it's the ecologically safe alternative and anyone who doesn't
separate these two is either ignorant, uninformed or uneducated.

Where have you been, the world's oceans are choking with human garbage to such large degree we may soon
not have certain sources of food available, on another note we're also running food deficits, need I translate?

You do NOT mix plastics with dead plant material. :nono:
You, a landscaper, should know this.

The idea for the ordinance is to keep organic and inorganic materials separate,
whoever thought of mixing organic materials with a petrol product...
You now have two products, one that decomposes and the other one which does not, put together...
No composting yard will accept this nonsense.

So whenever a customer asks me how much I'll charge to pick up their yard waste,
I always ask: Is it loose, in a pile, or is it inside plastic garbage bags?

Because if it's inside those &^%$ plastic bags, I can't get RID of grass clippings inside of PLASTIC bags
unless I empty that *&^$ out, it costs more when I first have to SEPARATE the two types of waste!
They could have just not put it inside plastic bags.