PDA

View Full Version : Another bad customer story

lawnman_scott
03-18-2004, 09:29 PM
I get a call for a cleanup, and monthly lawn maintenance to be done asap. So I go and do the estimate, and a red flag pops up instantly, car has plates with the Statue of Liberty on them. That means they pay in advance. I bid $100 to clean up the rathole, and $80 per month to mow it. I tell them they have to pay in advance, so they say can you come back and do it on monday, its a friday now. So i guess it wasnt that big of a hurry, since they didnt have the money then. So i tell them i will be back on monday, to have the $180. No problem. So i call monday am, and they say, come on over. So like an idiot i do. Finish up and go to get my money and she comes out with a crisp $100 bill. Says she will pay the $80 next week when i come to mow. Next week comes and call and call to verify she will be there, stop by and no awnser. A few more calls, no call back. So i call today, tell her that she owes for one cut and i will just send the bill to the owners of the house since its obvious she doenst pay her bills. And said I got the address for the owners of the property off the county database. She finally calls back, and says i never came to cut. I told her it was because she never paid me, so she canceled. I said i would send a bill to the address i got for the owners, evan though i know that "you people" dont pay your bills. A male voice comes on the phone and calls me a dumba$$ lawn mower and he knows what i look like and i dont know what he looks like so i better watch my back. I laughed and said what you going to do? He said im going to come down there and kick your ..... I laughed and said so your in new york with the person who is supposed to be here to pay me? How does that work? You had no intention of paying me you conartist!!! The new york accent really started to come out at that point. It was really worth the $25 to make him so mad. And yes, I BELEIVE BOBBYGEDD'S CUSTOMER STORIES.

JFGLN
03-18-2004, 09:33 PM
I don't work for people that do not own the property anymore. I have been burned by renters several times.

Tharrell
03-18-2004, 09:34 PM
A couple of Sprite bottles with kerosene inside and no top could find their way onto that lawn. Just make sure it's clear kerosene, they'll pick it up and pour any remainder out thinking it's sprite. Then the smell of kerosene will hit them. Nah, but it would work.

Lawn Dog2001
03-18-2004, 09:35 PM
From your post it I take it these people are renters. You did the right thing by demanding money up front. I am always very wary of renters. Especially those out of state. I hope you get the money for your 1 cut. But dont feel to bad. Your intuition, and common sence saved you from maybe being owed four or more cuts. Im glad you got paid for the clean up.

lawnman_scott
03-18-2004, 10:03 PM
Actually I think she was the daughter of the owners. It was worth the money in entertainment value in the long run though.

locutus
03-18-2004, 10:28 PM
I'd be willing to bet that those renters are 100% Kerry supporters. Con-artists and liars have have an affininty for one another. Take that for what it's worth LD.

GarPA
03-18-2004, 10:29 PM
a few balloons filled with Sahara would work nicely....let them try to seed those spots for a year or 2....

ZaK18
03-18-2004, 10:40 PM
The same sanario happened to me last week... lets just say there grass is dormant and will stay that way for a very very long time. LOL

Lawn Dog2001
03-18-2004, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by locutus
I'd be willing to bet that those renters are 100% Kerry supporters. Con-artists and liars have have an affininty for one another. Take that for what it's worth LD.

Actually, I just heard the intelligence that there are Iraqi WMDs in the basement of that house. I guess the best thing to do is jump straight in with our eyes closed, and blow up the house.

GrassFearsMe
03-19-2004, 12:54 PM
Now really what happens if we wait to find out if they are Iraqi WMD's in the basement and suddenly the whole block is gone. Then should we try to look and remove them, so they won't blow up the block? Why do you change your dirty oil every 3000 miles b/c you want to "prevent" problems in the future. Same with iraq remove the dirty leader before it causes problems in the future.

bobbygedd
03-19-2004, 01:13 PM
gar, that is not proper ipm. the correct way is to indentify the pest(new yorkers) , determine a threshold level(two, is too many), try other means of control(baseball bat, shovel) and if all else fails, then you can use chemicals

GarPA
03-19-2004, 01:29 PM
bobby...now thats one of your best ones......lol..you are indeed a piece of work....

timinkc
03-19-2004, 02:07 PM
So in that line of thought....ah...i believe you might have WMD's in your shop...lets blow it up! All your mowers are in there you say....oh well.

timinkc
03-19-2004, 02:12 PM

Lawn Dog2001
03-19-2004, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by timinkc
So in that line of thought....ah...i believe you might have WMD's in your shop...lets blow it up! All your mowers are in there you say....oh well.

Yeah thats what I was thinking timinkc. Then when we dont find any WMDs in his shop, we can blame the CIA, and proclaim America a safer place.

timinkc
03-19-2004, 02:22 PM
No lawn dog, we can say we didn't blow it up because he had WMD's but because he was an oppressive boss and treated his employees poorly

(LOL just going with the analogy)

bobbygedd
03-19-2004, 03:03 PM
who's kerry? and what did he/she do?

GrassFearsMe
03-19-2004, 05:23 PM
love it. Ah good to know we shouldn't worry about bad thingas till they happen i am all for it.

GarPA
03-19-2004, 05:40 PM
John Kerry...

aka John Scary..

aka..Lurch...

aka..John the Gigalo

timinkc
03-19-2004, 07:08 PM
I just have one thing to say....North Korea

timinkc
03-19-2004, 07:15 PM
grass fears me remember this

"That little contration looks awsome but as long as i dont have to strap my stuff down i won't. Too much wasted time."

in the strapping stuff down on you trialer thread.

so which bad things should we worry about before they happen?

locutus
03-19-2004, 08:22 PM
Hear ye, Hear ye, all those that wish to politicize Lawnsite with either their avatar or thier signiture are making statements that deserve to be responded to. I did not and will not participate in that type of blatent, in your face type of political imagery.However, if you choose to plaster your politcal views all over this site, be forwarned that the loc will call you out on it.:mad:

Lawn Dog2001
03-19-2004, 09:18 PM
Hear ye, Hear ye, all those that wish to politicize Lawnsite with either their avatar or thier signiture are making statements that deserve to be responded to. I did not and will not participate in that type of blatent, in your face type of political imagery.However, if you choose to plaster your politcal views all over this site, be forwarned that the loc will call you out on it.:mad:

Good for you, guy. You want a cookie or something? Typical republican attack dog machine here on LawnSite.

Get used to it. There are members with Bush, Cheney avatars. I dont start up a political discussion everytime I post in the same thread as one of them. No one was talking politics untill you posted your corny little reply about "crooks and liars". And by the way the only one who got called on it was you.

If you want to talk politics PM me, or ask me to follow you to off topic forum, or Odins place. A thread about bad customers is not the place.

By the way your avatar has a picture of George W, Im not whining!

locutus
03-19-2004, 09:38 PM
The Bush/Cheney avatars are equally provocative and should be stopped as well. Having said that, your defense of the indefensible is in a word..........PATHETIC. Its people like you that have led this country into the moral sewer that it has become. Blinded by your own hate of freedom, indoctrinated in sedition, topped off with an unhealthy dose of anti-Americanism. I am a Patriot who stands in support of or troops, our President and our way of life, if you do not like that to H--- with you!:blob2:

bobbygedd
03-19-2004, 09:54 PM
cmon boys, lighten up. ok, i'll tell some jokes.......good evening ladies and germs.........take my wife, PLEASE. i get no respect. one night i was sleeping, the house caught fire, the kids started screaming as they were evacuating the house, my wife said, "be quiet, you'll wake up your father."

GreenMonster
03-19-2004, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by timinkc
I just have one thing to say....North Korea

That's two things! Well, maybe one thing, two words though.

Whatever. Like BG said, lighten up.

Notice how you really have to tip-toe around lawnsite lately? Maybe everyone's panties will unbunch once the grass starts growing:D

If all this "touchiness" is politically driven though, this won't be a fun place come Oct/Nov.

Lawn Dog2001
03-19-2004, 11:01 PM
The Bush/Cheney avatars are equally provocative and should be stopped as well. Having said that, your defense of the indefensible is in a word..........PATHETIC. Its people like you that have led this country into the moral sewer that it has become. Blinded by your own hate of freedom, indoctrinated in sedition, topped off with an unhealthy dose of anti-Americanism. I am a Patriot who stands in support of or troops, our President and our way of life, if you do not like that to H--- with you!:blob2:

Gimmie a break. People like you think that being a Patriot means sending our 19 and 20 year old soldiers to be killed in a meaningless war. There were no WMDs, and that is what this was supposed to be about. Think of how many totally innocent Iraqis were killed in this war. Think of how many of our own soldiers now have fatherless children fighting a causeless war. Iraq was never a threat to us. This war was supposed to be about WMDs. I knew before this war started there werent any WMDs, and so did George W. Im glad your the kind of patriot that likes watching young American soldiers killed while you sit on your couch watching tv.

This country was founded on the rights. I have the right to express my opinions, the same way that you do. Just because you are to blind to see the truth, does not give you the right to try and silence others who profess the truth. I am a Patriot, and I am absolutely 100% embarrassed by this administration.

You dont have to agree with me. Thats your prerogative.

1MajorTom
03-19-2004, 11:19 PM
Could we keep the political talk out of the lawn care forum please? Thanks....

I'm finding out the opinion on political avatars from the head guys, Sean and Chuck.... In the meantime.... can we just get this thread back on track? or was it ever on track? :confused:

Thanks,

timinkc
03-19-2004, 11:42 PM
I think green monsters right...we NEED some grass to grow!

GarPA
03-20-2004, 04:18 AM
Jodi...thanks for slapping us upside the head...we need it sometimes and this thread is an exmple of us going off on a tangent