PDA

View Full Version : The phone is ringing OFF THE HOOK!

Scag48
03-19-2004, 12:42 AM
Is anyone else getting large surges of phone calls for work to be done? We are getting about 3-4 calls a day for bids on anything ranging from full installs, to renovation work and a small excavation job, it is absolutely crazy. We got into the install biz late last summer with no real advertising, just truck signs, THAT'S IT. Small town here but I guess word of mouth really is travelling around, much more than it ever did for me on my maintenance side of things. I hope you guys are doing well, let our economy fly! How is everyone else doing out there?

ElephantNest
03-19-2004, 01:17 AM
Same here. Forecast calls for money.payup :drinkup:

Lux Lawn
03-19-2004, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by ElephantNest
[B] Forecast calls for money.

Good one:D

Danimal
03-19-2004, 10:13 AM
Same here we just stated last aug. I had planned on doing maintanance been to busy with installs to go after much maint. I'm happy as I can be we make alot more in htis area. I just did my first lighting job last week took me 1 hour with a little help from my wife and we made 700$ I love my job.

Acute Cut
03-19-2004, 10:04 PM
SIGH........ slow and steady i suppose. I would love to get backed out a few months with landscaping jobs. Good for you Scag! Call me man, fill me in sometime. Next time i come over the pass i want to try and hook up and see some jobs. Am proud of ya man!

KCLandscape
03-19-2004, 10:28 PM
Yea, season is off with a BANG.
Time to make hay

Scag48
03-20-2004, 10:08 PM
Acute, I've been meaning to get ahold of you to see if you were coming over this way, figured you'd be too busy. No I haven't forgotten about ya! LOL. How are things going for your new landscape division? Is everything working out? I'll get in touch with you in the next couple weeks see what you're up to. My biggest gripe is that we have all these people that want installs done but none of them want to make a commitment. LOL. We have about 4 properties that need full installs, calls that we got last fall from folks needing things done and wanted to wait 'til spring. It's spring now and they don't seem to want to get the ball rolling, we'll see how long it takes for everyone to come around. From the looks of things we have about 6-7 installs to do, that'll set us into about mid-June if all 7 of them make the committment to get going and about 3-4 irrigation <A TITLE="Click for more information about job" STYLE="text-decoration: none; border-bottom: medium solid green;" HREF="http://search.targetwords.com/u.search?x=5977|1||||job|AA1VDw">job</A>s that are on hold until some warmer weather arrives.

MudslinginFX4
03-20-2004, 10:13 PM
I'm noticing the same thing; season is going great so far! I put out 150 flyers right here in my neighborhood two days ago and out of them I have already landed 4 weekly maintenance accounts!

aries
03-21-2004, 03:34 PM
Still crappy around here waiting for the weather to break!

PLI1
03-21-2004, 08:26 PM
Phone here has been ringing too. A lot of larger installs so far. I think people feel a little more at ease to spend $ since the stock market has risen significantly the last year. Last year, was a good year too, but smaller installs and a little more penny pinching from customers.