PDA

View Full Version : Another Newbie and logo

timmz69
03-19-2004, 07:31 AM
Hey! So I just got all my stuff together to start a lawn business and I learned alot from this site. Great site awesome people to talk too. I am very new to this and im still trying to figure out prices and contracts which I still need. Im going to go for apartment buildings but to do that I have to go through Property Managment companies that do the jobs for the apartments. So I have to go look at the apartments and write up a proposal but im not sure how to do it. I kinda do but some help would be appreciated. If anybody has anything like that could you email me it..timmz69@hotmail.com. Ok so I just quickly drew up a logo that im going to use on my shirts and in my stationary. Hey is ther any other Canadians on this site!!!!

kootoomootoo
03-19-2004, 09:06 AM
Hey guys, How about everyone help this newbie and the 10000 others lurking so you can cut your own throats.

yardsurfer
03-19-2004, 11:34 AM
Looks pretty good..

Sounds as if someones scared of competition.

By the Yard
03-19-2004, 02:06 PM
Just my .02...Don't like it. Sorry, just don't.

Koot- Relax for crying out loud =-) IT'S FRIDAY! Wait, in the lawncare business that don't mean crap.....nevermind.

Davis Lawn Mowing, LLC.
03-19-2004, 03:44 PM
I like the idea of the shamrock but maybe it could be used differently in your logo. It just seems strange for some reason. I do like the shamrock though. Maybe have a bigger shamrock and have your name inside it? Maybe not as long either. Just my .02 cents. My logo hopefully will be posted today at some point. It is pretty standard. You can tear mine apart! lol :D

timmz69
03-19-2004, 07:26 PM
Thanks for the reply's its' great feedback, even the feedback from
Koot..lol..My logo was just a quick one done up on photoshop so it's a work in progress. Im up for any feedack positive or negative cause any feedback is good feedback. Id lick to see some logo's from other people and how you got them done. I can't wait to get going this years but this snow has to stop...Damn northern BC....ARRRGGGG

Later people!!!

zmak
03-20-2004, 06:20 PM
Looks ok needs some work but different

mtnlawn
03-21-2004, 11:15 AM
koot- it must have been amazing to have been born into landscaping- how fortunate you are! There will always be new guys- the good companies see them as a positive challenge and adjust their businesses accordingly- this is called "capitalism." I'd be more worried if Wal-Mart got into the landscaping business!

jajwrigh
03-21-2004, 03:10 PM
The logo is not bad. It seems as though somethings missing...I can't quite place my finger on it though.

Firstclasslawn
05-16-2004, 11:52 PM
Ok look dont hate me but I hate the whole Idea of shamrock or the logo, just me but your not living in ireland right :0)

Firstclasslawn
05-16-2004, 11:55 PM
Dont down it because I am proud of it :0)

Team Gopher
05-17-2004, 06:51 PM
Hi timmz69,

If you are looking for more design ideas, you can visit here (http://www.gophergraphics.com/index.cgi?page=artists). They should inspire you.

mjoaaa
05-17-2004, 10:05 PM
Koot ---> Whats the deal? Afraid that your not delivering on your promises? Afraid you charge to much? Perhaps you just rather have everyone raise your tax dollars and go on welfare and take more of your hard earned money for doing nothing! Are you in Canada? More than likely your not, and your scared of competition from way up there.... Speaks alot about your personality or lack there of one, of course this would be in addition to what it says about work and professionalism. Perhaps time to retire "grummpy"

Now, as far as the logo, you need to make your shamrock bigger. The logo looks really thin and I think that is why it is not fitting. Perhaps shorten the stem as well. Just my thoughts, wish you the best of luck on the logo design.

As far as apartment communities I would recommend calling the property manager first and ask them if they would be interested in a free quote on there mowing and that you feel confident that you can reduce there bottom line. This way you sorta weeding out the interested and not.

Good luck...

MJD75
05-20-2004, 01:54 AM
Good start but I would also shorten the stem of the shamrock and have it behind you business name

EastProLawn
05-23-2004, 12:31 AM
Nice, but I think the Shamrock stem should be shorter, just my opinion.