PDA

View Full Version : cicadas

scottishmaximus
03-19-2004, 12:43 PM
I have a customer that is really concerned about cicadas and my ability to perform yard work. She is concerned that my mowers, (exmark) will not be able to handle the bugs, and that i will not be able to do yard work. I understand that they may be annoying, but stop an exmark?!? This sounds absolutely ridiculous to me, but i thought that i would check with others to make sure that i am not completely clueless. My mowers have stood up to concrete, gas and water valve covers, tree stumps and other obstacles without problem. If some bug is going to stop these mowers, i wonder how people are still alive. I have only seen the critters one time in my life, and only remember them as an inconvenience. What's with the cicadas?

Scraper
03-19-2004, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by scottishmaximus
What's with the cicadas?

Nothing. They are just going thru a major cycle year and will be out in greater numbers than in the past 16 years. Don't worry about it. I'm actually looking forward to it...music to my ears....and a reminder that it is the dog days of summer.

Flipperneck
03-19-2004, 01:43 PM
I think she may be acting a little dramatic. If baby bunnies aren't gonna stop a mower why would a big crunchy bug? If she is serious charge her extra for the wear and tear, she would probably go along with it.