PDA

View Full Version : Belts under Warranty?

BrandonH
03-19-2004, 12:28 PM
I was curious if deck belts on most models of ZTR's are covered under warranty. I primarily interested in Scag ZTR's.

Thanks,

Brandon

premier lawn care
03-19-2004, 01:16 PM
Nobody warranties belts, they are a wear item. If a belt breaks on a one month old machine I think you have a case! Just my .02

BrandonH
03-19-2004, 02:22 PM
That's what I was wanting to know. I've got only 10-12 hours on the new mower when the belt snapped today. At $80+ a piece that can get pretty expensive if they won't hold up.

-Brandon

jaybird
03-19-2004, 09:07 PM
what scag do you have we have a sabre tooth tiger 72 inch cut went all last year no problems and its about 90 dollars

Turfdude
03-19-2004, 09:28 PM
Have dealer check pulley alignment. There may have been a problem at setup.

specialtylc
03-19-2004, 09:36 PM
I think most manufactures have a 90 day warranty on belts,battery ,etc.

stevo22
03-20-2004, 12:33 AM
funny i saw this thread...i have a gravely prosteer 1336...last yr when i got it the right side seemed to get weaker and weaker as far as pulling the right tire...said something to my dealer a couple of times...i have adjusted the bar almost all the way out...was in there a couple of days ago nad he said bring by and let them look at it...mechanic sad that there is no way that the belt should be that loose w/ only 98hr..i said that it started getting that way after 5hrs use...he said to replace the belt and see if that corrects the problem...they told me a new belt was over $57!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i said no way i'm paying $57 bucks for a belt that should not need replacing so soon and since i have been complaining about the problem since i bought the mower...dealer got on the phone w/ gravely, they approved two new belts at no charge and said that they might be replacing the rear pulleys, that they may be something wrong or they are looking at some new kind of pully or something...sorry to be so winded...bought crapped my pants when they told me $57...so my $2500 mower has $114 worth of drive belts...amazing..

sawman65
03-20-2004, 06:31 AM
exmark hustler & dixie chopper all have 90 days on belts i dont know abought scags they should. but all that aside check pully blade spindles and tension this should not have happend unless you have to cut wet grass