PDA

View Full Version : dealer invoice

bdemir
11-21-2000, 10:54 AM
I have heard it said before but dont know how to get the actual dealers invoice price. Is there a way to go about doing this. I am looking for a chevy or gmc 1 ton with snow plow prep and 7400 engine and my best current quoted price is 23-24k for this truck and thats with a gm employee price.

plowking35
11-21-2000, 12:32 PM
That is way to high, with 7400 it would also be a 2000 left over, as the 2001 will have the new 8100. My guess is that truck should be about 23K with the employee discount. Try the 6.2-6.5 diesel page for more info.
Dino

thelawnguy
11-21-2000, 03:59 PM
With the GM employee program they will show you list, dealer cost, dealer net (before holdback) and your cost, listed in descending order.

Plowking, The GM employee discount program will let you buy a truck at a lower price than the dealer can. You basically buy it from GM and pick it up at the dealer of your choice, or the dealer who has one in stock.

cat320
11-21-2000, 07:23 PM
A relative of mine works for ford engineering and she doesn't get that much of a deal .So he might only be gettine the bare min. for a dicount. but if a 2000 model goes for $24K i would think he would be getting at least over $ 4K off being a gm employee.I got that much off my truck when i got it from gm.

bob
11-21-2000, 08:57 PM
GM dealers can acually refuse to sell a "hot selling" car (from stock) to a GM employee. They will make more money selling it to a regular customer. I work at the Saturn factory and know of several friends who were turned away by local dealers.

John DiMartino
11-22-2000, 08:45 PM
If you take the sticker and mutiply it by .88,that will get you extremely close to there cost,probably within a few hundred.his is there cost-not invoice-cost is invoice - 3%.So when they sell it to you at invoice they still make 3%.

bdemir
11-23-2000, 09:10 AM
Thanks everyone for the help. John i have one question, is the sticker price always accurate.
Thanks,
Bedros

John DiMartino
11-23-2000, 05:15 PM
If it is a factory sticker price-then it is always accurate at the time its printed,they increase prices mid-year sometimes on hot models,to try to make more money.If a model is a real hot seller and is in big demand,i have seen dealers put a sticker at the bottom of the factory sticker.They say ADMV+2000,or whatever price increase they want.The ADMV means adjusted dealer market value ,and its done all the time here.Remember the sticker is just the suggested retail price-I always work off of invoice-its easier to get a quote for me that way.

Eric E.
11-25-2000, 07:49 AM
If you do a search for "new car buying" you should find lots of information. there are afew sites that will show factory invoices which are close to accurate. There are alot of services out there that can buy the vehicle for you at factory invoice. Last year I bought a Windstar van for my wife, we bought it through a motoring plan. We walked into a participating dealer and looked over their inventory. We found one we liked, and paid $350 over factory invoice with no hassles at all. We later got a factory rebate for $500 also. I did the samething when I bought a 95 K1500 but paid $600 over factory invoice but with no haggling at all. If you are interested in this motoring plan let me know and I will look up the info on it. Eric arbor1@warwick.net