PDA

View Full Version : An Allis how much/good/bad?

LawnsRUsInc.
03-19-2004, 09:08 PM
Do any of you guys have experience with the tractor? I am looking at to buy one from a local he is asking $4500. It is a 1967 D17 Allis it comes with a front end loader and a rear blade. It appears to have no oil leaks. New tires front and rear, good overall cond. but needs paint. Is this a fairly god tractor?

Thanks Jason

jaybird
03-19-2004, 09:49 PM
my opinon its to old

Mowingman
03-19-2004, 10:16 PM
The "D" series were great tractors. If it has been well maintained, it will give you many more years of life. We had a D14 for 20 years, and ir was still running fine when we sold it. That price is fair, if it is in good condition like you say. Parts should be available, though it may take your supplier a few days to get them in. I would buy it .:)

Bigfoot
03-20-2004, 09:36 AM
The D-17 is a well built tractor. The price looks good if the tractor, loader & blade are in good shape. Might want to check on parts availability.

dougaustreim
03-20-2004, 10:24 AM
Those older tractors are great. Parts not really a problem, you just need to find out who your closest or best dealer would be. Nowddays, you can get parts for almost anyhting over the internet.
Also, I am not sure, but i think that tractor has a wet clutch, I know it precedcessor the WD-45 did. Better when doing work in tight quarters, where you might be slippping the clutch a lot.
Doug
Austreim Landscaping

LawnsRUsInc.
03-20-2004, 02:18 PM
Thanks to you both the tractor is for my cabin just doing small chores. We have a 1952? Ford 9n with loader.