PDA

View Full Version : Trimmer Trap TT-2

Lawn-N-Garden Guy
03-19-2004, 10:03 PM
Just opened the box up,They look like they should work well,Any tips,tricks or things that I should know that you guys know that use trimmer trap 3 trimmer holders.

Pecker
03-19-2004, 10:37 PM
I have a TrimmerTrap trimmer holder (but I can't remember the model - holds 3, I think it is the same one you got) for about 4 years. It's been great. I don't have any advice other than you may need to lengthen the hole that is cut in the top for a padlock. When I put my trimmers in mine, the hole doesn't match up so the lock won't fit. I'm probably gonna do mine this weekend. Also, I have started putting the handle of my trimmers in the cradle because they bounce around too much when you put the shaft in the cradle, not to mention it rubs holes in the shaft if you do. Some of the fellow Lawnsiters taught me the correct way. Wish I'd known sooner. Hope it helps.

WAGS LandL
03-20-2004, 10:16 AM
I have the model that holds 2 trimmers but the same principle.
Be sure to put the handle of the trimmer in the cradle it works
alot better, but if you do this you may have to put the other end
further away than the directions suggest. It is best to have the
one end as close to the head of the trimmer as possible
Good luck.

DLCS
03-20-2004, 11:03 PM
keep the TT posts as far apart as possible. Make sure the handle is in the cradle. Also, put the locking post on the right some people swap the posts and it doesn't work as easy. All in all just follow the directions...lol

Gilla Gorilla
03-20-2004, 11:37 PM
Make sure that if you have a curved shaft edger that you do
not put the left post of the Trimmer Trap to far to the left or it
will not fit in properly

MOturkey
03-20-2004, 11:50 PM
I bought some of the Trimmer Trap "knock offs" recommended by gogetter and received them yesterday. Seem to be built pretty well, but absolutely no directions were included. I think I've figured out how to mount them to my trailer rails (tubular). DLCS, if I'm thinking correctly, you are saying to put the engine end toward the front of the trailer, right? I'm installing on the right (passenger) side of the trailer. Neill

DLCS
03-20-2004, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by MOturkey
I bought some of the Trimmer Trap "knock offs" recommended by gogetter and received them yesterday. Seem to be built pretty well, but absolutely no directions were included. I think I've figured out how to mount them to my trailer rails (tubular). DLCS, if I'm thinking correctly, you are saying to put the engine end toward the front of the trailer, right? I'm installing on the right (passenger) side of the trailer. Neill

Yep, you got it right. Put the engine end toward the front of the trailer, if you are installing on the passenger side.

MOturkey
03-21-2004, 12:05 AM
DLCS, thanks. Neill

dfor
03-21-2004, 09:24 AM
Make sure that once the trimmer is in the rack, that there is no metal to metal contact, or you'll wear a hole in the trimmer shaft. The rubber that came with mine to protect the trimmer shaft didn't slide up far enough. So I just added a couple layers of duct tape where needed.