PDA

View Full Version : Lost my first '04 customer

hortboy
03-20-2004, 10:15 AM
I got a call on my cell today and it was a customer I signed in Dec for an annual program, (complete- snow, lawn and landscape maint). when I signed her she told me her last guy just stopped showing up. so I proceeded w/ my pitch and she signed on the spot. well Yesterday her old lawn guy just got out of jail and was going back into business. Needless to say I lost out over him. She told me he was going through a tough time w/ finances and couldn't land alot of work. I'm thinking to myslef that's because he was in jail. so after a short debate and I realized she was giving her money to him. I told her I am going to try enforce the cancellation policy on my contract she signed and her responce was she'll have the guy who got out of jail give me a call to work things out???? I proceeded to hang up the phone.

lawnworker
03-20-2004, 11:01 AM
Wow, not only is the old (Lawn guy) her lawn service provider, He is also her henchmen to do her dirty deeds. Talk about full service providers

Sounds like your better off without her.

aries
03-20-2004, 11:39 AM
Tell the old guy to come on over we will show him how it's done thats a joke you dont need people like that dont waste your time.

riches139
03-20-2004, 11:57 AM
Tell him you'll take her to court for breach of contract.

Don't let them intimidate you.

Lbilawncare
03-20-2004, 12:13 PM
Sounds like this customer could have potentially been a pain anyway, no loyalty. Don't let it bother you, there will be plenty of other people out there that will be appreciative of your work and remain loyal. When the jailboy doesn't work out for her, she'll be calling you. I would tell her sorry we're full.

Runner
03-20-2004, 02:54 PM
Well, it sounds as if there may have been "a little more to it" than just a customer and her jailbird service provider. Who knows WHAT is all involved with people who associate. I would surely have been curious as to why he was in jail, in the first place. If it was child support, ok,.. so be it, but if it was something stupid like laqrceny, or drugs, well, that could tell you the story, right there.

Pecker
03-20-2004, 05:13 PM
If you enforce the policy, also get her for threatening you.

GrassFearsMe
03-20-2004, 06:31 PM
If he knocks on the door the sound "Cchk-Cchk" comes to mind.

Open up the beer and tell him congrats and goodluck. You dont need a headache like that.

Tonyr
03-20-2004, 06:51 PM
if the tough guy threatens you in any way he will only end up going back to his cell....sounds like the ex client is excited about her new thug service, she would want to watch her comments too, not nice to go around threatening and intimidating people, and thats what this duo sound like they are starting to do. He is probably servicing the ''lady'' more ways than one :)

bastalker
03-20-2004, 07:25 PM
I would have said there is nothing to work out.....You cancelled, an you owe me money for canceling.

You signed a contract, you are now breaking it an blowing me off for this guy that just got out of jail. Your going to pay me the cancellation fee!!!.....This guy doesn't have anything to do with our signed contract. I dont want to hear from him at all.

If you still want to pursue the matter, send him on over, an I will explain to HIM in one way or the other about the money you owe me, and you will pay me the cancellation fee.

Send him my way.......I'll take care of him for ya!!!!!! I hate these ******* jailbirds!!!!!!

lawn8646
03-20-2004, 07:39 PM
If I hear another customer say "my old lawn co. just quit coming" that usually means I quit paying or I want it done for nothing. Let it go he'll be back in jail in a few months.

hole in one lco
03-20-2004, 08:28 PM
Well iv spent time in jail myself so i would have told her to have him stop on buy.

hole in one lco
03-20-2004, 08:31 PM
Contracts are there for a reason if you don't enforces them then don't use them.

timinkc
03-20-2004, 10:56 PM
In my huble opinion...call the police, and file a report...

the legal system sucks, and you have to play it or it plays you...beter safe than sorry

file a report its free.

STAN1366
03-21-2004, 12:25 AM
Who knows what this guy was in jail for. Might have been minor since she signed you in December and now it's March and she wants out. Maybe this guy didn't do anything real bad and she might feel like she's doing him a favor by throwing the work his way. As for her comment about you and him "working it out", she may truely mean it. If this guy threatens you, then by all means go thru proper channels and have the Police deal with him. If he's really a nice guy who made a mistake and paid for it, let it go. It's not worth the bother to hassle them.

hortboy
03-21-2004, 01:02 AM
I just got off the phone w/ the jail bird who I lost an account to. He was in jail for possession w/ intent to sell of a controlled substance. He told me he's trying to get all his old clients back, he did tell me no insurance and he does it under the table. Must be his drug bussiness was the one on the books???? Anyway he basically told me to never call one of his customers again, I explained to him she called me and I did her snow removal all winter and she has a current lawn maint. contract w/ me that I will enforce the breach of contract fee. Lastly he said just stay away or else. I told him, he just made a mistake, if he just got out of jail-good possibilty he is on parole and I will inform the proper authorities of the conversation. God I wish the snow was gone here so I wouldn't have time to deal w/ people like this, but unfortunately I do have the time.

allgreen lawn
03-21-2004, 01:28 AM
wow it is sat night and he calls you sounds like he done some drugs and finally got some courage and called, because of the call i would enforce the contract and don't sweat it, for every one you loose go out and pick up three more. Good luck.

Cleatus
03-21-2004, 02:49 AM
man, thats not worth it. she's not worth it, he's not worth it. what happens if you leave for work one morning and he's standing out there with a gun. i say have nothing to do with it.

Runner
03-21-2004, 04:18 AM
Originally posted by hortboy
I just got off the phone w/ the jail bird who I lost an account to. He was in jail for possession w/ intent to sell of a controlled substance.

Quoted from earlier post: I would surely have been curious as to why he was in jail, in the first place. If it was child support, ok,.. so be it, but if it was something stupid like laqrceny, or drugs, well, that could tell you the story, right there.

Uh huh. See. THAT's what 'm talking about. In the first place, she had no business giving this guy YOUR phone number. You need to ask her; What is she going to do when this scumbag is stealing from her to get more drugs? Or, how drugged up will he be when he does HER nice yard work? Does she have kids?
Then, give her the liability/insurance speal.
Like I say, lowlifes look out for one another.

PRO PROPERTY CARE
03-21-2004, 07:43 AM
Sounds to me like its a job you are better off without.
She would have been a pain in the butt.
:cool:

protouchlawn
03-22-2004, 02:08 PM
This trash deserves to be in a "business relationship" together. He'll be back in jail and she'll be looking for another "service provider". Let this go.