PDA

View Full Version : Husqvarna Hedge Trimmer

ACER
03-20-2004, 09:17 AM
Anyone use or have a opinion on a Husqvarna 325 hedge trimmer? Found some on sale for $149.99, with a choice of 30 or 40'' bars.

CHAN
03-20-2004, 09:26 AM
that sounds like a realy good price for a new one less than half. i use echo but like the looks of them. i use a 325 string trimmer and they are great. i might want one for that.

competitiveimageland
03-20-2004, 10:21 AM
for hedge trimmers all i can say is stihl hs80 trim till the sun goes down without fatigue , very stong power head aswell but its goin to run you about 250 or so but you get what you pay for , i dont know about all this huskie stuff out their seems more for home owners to me

jajwrigh
03-20-2004, 10:23 AM
Most Husqvarna stuff is designed for the homeowner and will not last up to the rigors of commercial abuse.

scottishmaximus
03-20-2004, 10:54 AM
First off, are these the pole style hedge trimmers? Second, for those of you that say that husky is for homeowners, have you owned any husky equipment? Did you know that Husky makes a homeowner version as well as a commercial version of almost all of their equipment? Stihl and other manufacturers make homeowner and commercial equipment as well. I have used Husky string trimmers and pole hedge trimmers and love them. I find them more comfortable to use then any other equipment that i have used. I have yet to find 2 cycle equipment that weighs less, has enough power, and vibrates so little.

sildoc
03-20-2004, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by jajwrigh
Most Husqvarna stuff is designed for the homeowner and will not last up to the rigors of commercial abuse.
Obviously someone has not done thier research. Husky has made comercial 2cycle equiptment for a very long time. They have just recently, in the last 4-5 years, gotten into the commercial mower market when they bought out Yazzo/Keys.

competitiveimageland
03-20-2004, 11:23 AM
ya and you dont hear much of yazzo/keys hehe at least not up north here

ACER
03-20-2004, 11:25 AM
These are chain saw type trimmers not pole, I plan on buying the pole trimmer attachment for my Stihl Fs 85. I was planning on buying a set of Shindaiwa trimmers but this price may be to good to pass up. I have a Husqvarna string trimmer now, so far it has been a good one and very lite. Thanks for the info.