View Full Version : exmark metro
03-20-2004, 01:00 PM
anyone out there have one if so how do you rate it performance
im looking for a new commerial grade self propelled 21inch just need some feedback from some others out there
its time to retire the bobcat 21inch cast aluminum deck its prolly 30 years old and still runs strong but its time for spring cleaning out with the old in with the new
03-20-2004, 01:02 PM
I have a 36". Just put a new 15 Kohler on it. Runs way more powerfully. You will like your Metro is cuts nice too.
03-20-2004, 01:04 PM
im looking for an even smaller mower, trim mower i read that they offer a 7 hp kawi on the 21inch metro anyone?
03-20-2004, 02:23 PM
According to the Exmark web site the biggest motor on the metro is a 6hp. I don't know other than that....:confused:
03-20-2004, 02:40 PM
The 21 Metro! I didn't know which one you meant.
The 21" exmark metro is identical to the 21" toro proline unit. I think the listing of the 6 hp kawasaki on exmark's website is incorrect. I believe. like toro, they have the new 6.5 hp, 179 cc Kawasaki unit. If you are looking for a 21" commercial unit, here are some models to look at
1. Exmark metro 21". I have no experience with this.
2. Toro 21" proline. From my experience, this is the best 21" mower I have ever used-great mulcher, bags well, terrific speed and engines, very durable. Downside-doesn't side discharge well.
3. Lawnboy 21" commercial. Another great unit. Not as fast as the toro but terrific 2 stroke duraforce engine, light weight and designated side discharge unit make it a terrific buy.
4. John Deere JX85-no longer in production but the JX75 is a close copy. Leaves the best cut of any mower I've used but parts always seem to break-very annoying.
5. Honda hydrostatic 21" mower-no experience with this unit but the honda engine and hydrostatic transmission should be excellent.
Try the models out and choose the one you like the best. If I could only pick one, I would choose the toro.
03-20-2004, 05:39 PM
i could be wrong about the engine size but i know they offer a kawi on it which i would take any day over a briggs
03-20-2004, 05:45 PM
Go with the lawnboy, we have had 2 and they work forever with a great cut.
03-20-2004, 06:24 PM
i looked into the lawnboys but i guess i was aturned off by the looks , they are all 2 strokes right?
vBulletin® v3.8.6, Copyright ©2000-2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.