PDA

View Full Version : So what do ya think?

Victor
03-20-2004, 01:56 PM
I was recently asked to bid on several parks around my area. I love cutting large open areas, because you don't have to worry about windshield time robbing your efficiency, but one of these parks looks to be approximately 10 acres. I haven't measured these parks yet, but there's another one that looks to be about 3 acres, another one is about 4, another is about 5. The 10 acre park has enough obstacles that need to be trimmed around to keep my helper busy as long as I'd be busy mowing.

As of right now, I just have one helper. I'd be using a 52" Lazer HP to cut these properties while my helper was handling the trimming. Some of these parks require that I'd cut them every 4 to 5 days. For the guys out there that know what it's like cutting lots that are this big, do you think I'd be biting off more than I could chew? If need be, I thought about buying a bigger Lazer that I could use, while my helper is using the 52". That way we could both trim when the mowing is done.

I cut a park last year that was a little over 2 acres and it only took me 40 minutes to cut that one, so I already have a pretty good idea on the time it will take. I'm just fearful that for some unforseen reason, I might be biting off more than I could chew.

In roughly 3 to 4 hours I should be able to know out 10 acres with the 52", but the shear size of this place is kind of intimidating for a guy that's never tackled such a big lot.

Any input would be greatly appreciated guys. Thanks in advance.

Vic

BW4486
03-20-2004, 02:05 PM
Yea I would definatly run 2 mowers

Flipperneck
03-20-2004, 02:36 PM
Start with him mowing 25% of the property, then trimming. And then go from there after a couple of mows you should have an idea of how much he can mow before trimming this way 1 mower doesn't stop till its all done and he's finishing blowing off as you load the trailer. Or have him do a perimeter, a small chunk and then trim. Perimeters are a good way to be efficiant on a 2 man crew with low trimming times.

MLI
03-20-2004, 02:52 PM
spray the trim areas with Primo Max(cuts down on weekly trimming...maybe trim once every 4 weeks or so)...then you can both mow. Get yourself in a 72 Exmark!