PDA

View Full Version : New Fords

FFMED74
03-20-2004, 03:00 PM
Anyone got an new Ford, if so what do you like or dislike about it?? I am looking. Thanks!

Randy Scott
03-20-2004, 04:57 PM
We have an '04 F250 with a thousand miles on it. We also have a '00 with 86,000 miles on it. Both are diesel trucks and like them equally. Actually, the new one has the 6.0L diesel and five speed auto trans. Very smooth shifting and pretty peppy truck. Both are four-wheel drive crew-cabs. Can't wait to put a trailer behind the new truck. Has definitely got to pull much better. In which the '00 pulled great as it is.

Ford trucks handle the weight of a plow probably the best out there. I would say Dodge is a close second, and GM falls way down the ladder. It's a joke how much a GM drops the front end with a plow in stock form. I have always been a GM person my whole life, then again I never needed them for a heavy-duty work vehicle. Now that I do, they can't compete.

FFMED74
03-20-2004, 06:45 PM
Well my top two choices were Ford and Dodge, so that helps me a bit, will be looking real hard real soon!

Talstar
03-20-2004, 07:00 PM
My heaviest load on the Ford is, a 10,000 lb trailer with about 6000 lb total weight with equipment, 3000 lb of fertilizer. The tow / haul trans. option is so minty, as it will down shift as you slow, seeming to moniter the weight of the rig. It's beautiful. I also own a Dodge 01 with the 24 v diesel, works very well, but the Ford controls it much better, and really out hauls it, probably due to the tow / haul trans. The Ford is a 2003 with the 6.0 diesel. I also ordered it with 4:10 gears, great off the line while towing. A dually too. Do the Ford if you dont like to hear your equipment labor. I also wish I had gotten the XLT package, the door pockets alone would be worth it.