PDA

View Full Version : Lesco out of product as usual

sawdust
03-20-2004, 04:13 PM
Lesco never seems to never have the product you want. They seem to be always be out of the product you want and it is always on back order. What gives? I am tried of it!!!!!!!! Does anyone know of another place to buy wholesale in Indianapolis area.:angry:

turfmann
03-20-2004, 04:28 PM
I make a point of telling my lesco rep how much material I am going to use well in advance of when I'll need it. She orders sufficient quantities for me and everyone else and will even save pallets for me if things are running low. You know the old saying - lack of prior planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on our part.

Tscape
03-20-2004, 07:51 PM
C'mon turfman. They are a distributor of product, and when they are out it is their lack of planning that screws the LCO. Is it really our job to tell them what to order? Geez. Sawdust, I hope you find someone else in your area. Try United Horticultural Services. I have no idea of their contact info for Indy, but someone on here should.

Mscotrid
03-20-2004, 07:52 PM
Turfman,

You have nailed it. The Lesco I deal with is up 47% from last year. I visit with my Rep often and discuss which products I'll be using and when.

Proper planning and forecasting and I'm spreading like John Holmes. No back-orders here. People talk to your reps ahead of time just don't show up at their door with your thumb up your ass and wonder why your supplier is sold out. It's spring and you had all winter to plan. Know your business and don't blame your supplier if they sell their merchandise.

hole in one lco
03-20-2004, 08:04 PM
Well iv have a lesco about 3min away from my house. 2 others in driving destines if the one by my house doesn't have it they'll get it for me in a hour. from 2 bags to a pallet.

sawdust
03-20-2004, 11:42 PM
I don't think buying 3 bags of Quick cover seed which takes them 3 weeks to get in when they tell you 1 week is poor planning. I also don't think 25 bags of dimension that they tell you they are getting in next week and when next week come it will be another week and half is poor planning on my part. Maybe I expect to much but it seems to me if they tell you they will have the product a certain date they should have it. Not it will be another week half. Or I can sell you a higher priced product. Maybe I just expect vendor to do what they say.

kootoomootoo
03-21-2004, 12:18 AM
I agree. they should have dimension coming out there you know what, on the roof, stacked outside. and in between.