PDA

View Full Version : hedges and pricing?

CHEVYCRAIG
03-20-2004, 07:08 PM
How do you come up with estimates for pricing and time it would take? this is my full first year and found I get a lot of hedges wanting a price with grass. Some people want hedges cut back hard which takes more time to cleanup?

DJL
03-20-2004, 07:47 PM
Experience, experience, experience. I know this doesn't help much, but that is what it takes to make a good estimate. Our second year in the biz and we learned a lot from the first year when it came to estimates/proposals. What we thought it would take versus what it would actually take were sometimes far off, and NOT in the right direction!!

hole in one lco
03-20-2004, 08:14 PM
Estimate is just that an estimate not a bill unless you are way off you shouldn't have trouble with a low estimate. Just tell them you cant give a exact number until you get in there. I would rather louse a job then louse money.

experience EXPERIENCE

hole in one lco
03-20-2004, 08:18 PM
lose a job then lose money

CHEVYCRAIG
03-20-2004, 10:22 PM
thanks for response not realy worried too much about losing money.just not making as much as I should I guss?? just have not figured out how much time it takes if you are cutting a lot back off hedges, clean up,waste disposal ect. I would like to give better est.