PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone use Agri-Fab broadcast spreaders?

matthew horner
03-21-2004, 01:02 AM
I looked at a 125 lb capacity one today. It seemed sturdy, and the spreader part (wheel, thrower,?) turned very fast.

NCSULandscaper
03-21-2004, 01:51 AM
only downside to it is it throws the majority of the material to one side, instead of an even broadcast as some of the others such as Spyker, etc. However i do have an agri-fab 125# tow behind that works fine.

Runner
03-21-2004, 03:10 AM
It's not even close to a real spreader. It works great for speading seed, lime, or salt, but that is it. You DEFinitely don't want to use it for a calibrated spread of fert..

mickman
03-21-2004, 07:55 AM
I'm with runner on that one. I bought agri-fab 80# spreader on web for about $50. I only use it for spreading potash on walks for ice removal. [ works great for that ]

grass_cuttin_fool
03-21-2004, 08:22 AM
I use that spreader for lime and and garden ferlizer and it is ok. But it isnt made for a calibrated spread of ferlizer like runner stated

Liberty Lawncare
03-21-2004, 10:26 AM
Lesco spreaders are tough and work good.They are about the same price for a much better machine.

gravedigger5
03-21-2004, 10:56 AM
I have a agri-fab pull behind spreader I purchased way back before I started my biz. Be careful with it on hillsides and rougher areas. I hit a bump on a hillside in my backyard and almost turned the spreader over. What a mess that would have been. (A dark green circle with a burn spot in the middle) Since then I have purchased a Lesco push spreader (much more accurate) and plan to purchase a JRCO electric mounted spreader in the next year. All I use the agri-fab spreader for now is when someone comes by and wants to borrow one.;) BTW my agri-fab has cracks in the poly hopper radiating out from the mounting bolts and is only a matter of time before they get worse and cause problems. Marc

matthew horner
03-21-2004, 02:12 PM
Where can you purchase lesco equipment?

Phishook
03-21-2004, 02:58 PM
Everything that's been said about Agrifab is true. Use it for lime or salt.

NCSULandscaper
03-21-2004, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by matthew horner
Where can you purchase lesco equipment?

Lesco

spoolinaround
03-21-2004, 03:55 PM
I have the 100# capacity tow behind and I use it for parking lot deicing, it works good but a little tippy behind a ztr

icatcher
03-21-2004, 04:15 PM
Get a Lesco.
I just bought one on Friday. It is a Hoss, very well made, easy to push etc. Buy the right tool for the right job. I was on the fence about dropping $300 on a spreader. it's well worth it consideering the quality and the amount of money you'll make when using it.
This is my 1st year using LEsco so. I am using there step program for all my lawns. I hope I'll be as impressed by that.

Currently Lesco is having a grand Opening sale or at least they were. Free deflector & cover with purchase of a spreader..
HTH

Envy Lawn Service
03-21-2004, 04:29 PM
Hey fellas, how much are those JRCO spreaders anyhow?

What's another good tow behind besides Lesco? (no store here)

Tow behinds can sometimes be a pain. But they are faster and easier than pushing. Sometimes I'd rather just have a really good push thats really easy to push..... or a JRCO :D

icatcher
03-21-2004, 04:40 PM
You can also check out the Spyker Spreaders.
I've heard great things about them.
Try www.russopower.com for Spyker & JRCO.
I am looking at there little mailer right now..
Spyker #98-22
110 lb SS Hopper & Frame Air filled tires $279
I paid more than that for my Lesco. I think the JRCO spreader is around $900.

Envy Lawn Service
03-21-2004, 06:02 PM
Thanks! I didn't find anything on the Russo site. $900 for the JRCO? That's robbery. Must we get raped on every purchase we make? Anyways, I went to the Spyker Spreader site. I like the model 299 because of the tires.

icatcher
03-21-2004, 06:09 PM
Just send Russo's an email or give them a call-
I am sure they can get them or have hem in stock.
I saw the Spkyer's in a mailer from them, kinda like a mini catalog.

matthew horner
03-21-2004, 07:28 PM
What makes the lesco so much better as compared to the agrifab. The agrifab seemed good to me. I am talking about push spreaders.
Matt

icatcher
03-21-2004, 07:43 PM
Just from my research.
Better dispersion pattern of material. Equal on right and left.
Easy to calibrate.
Replacement parts readily avaiable.
Pre calbrated, to an extent, to all lesco products. Which is primarily all LCO use due to availability and cost.

these are the points that sold me along with other members recomendations. Just do a search on spreaders and read.
I remeber a few memebers posting they have been using the same lesco spreaders for 10-13 years.

NCSULandscaper
03-21-2004, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by matthew horner
What makes the lesco so much better as compared to the agrifab. The agrifab seemed good to me. I am talking about push spreaders.
Matt

Spyker or Lesco produces an even spread when pushed, agrifab spreads most of the material to one side, harder to get even coverage, esp with pesticide materials that need to be calibrated closely.

I use Spyker push spreaders and are extremely satisfied.

gravedigger5
03-21-2004, 07:47 PM
Lesco, stainless steel and poly, just rinse off with hose, no rust easy to calibrate, and several options with them.

Envy Lawn Service
03-21-2004, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by icatcher
Just from my research.

Pre calbrated, to an extent, to all lesco products. Which is primarily all LCO use due to availability and cost.
Primarily, I only use Lebanon products now. Is it easy to reset for other products? Also Lesco's web-site sucks, as it always has. There are little to no pictures and there is like 18 different ones listed. Which one are we talking about here?

THANKS

icatcher
03-21-2004, 09:48 PM
http://www.lesco.com/lescodirect/content/cache/Unity/ProductCatalog/images/SPREADER/spreader_new80spreader_hero.jpg

705699 - SPREADER RTRY HW SS 80# 2001

I bought this one. The pick shows the remote deflector and cover.