PDA

View Full Version : shirts & hats

mtnlawn
03-21-2004, 10:11 AM
Hello~

This will be my first year on my own- 15 years working commercial & residential with lots of maintenance & install experience- this is a great site- it's helped me in many ways already and the snow isn't even gone yet!

My company is going to start very small and I would like to stick to just grounds maintenance- simple & straightforward- it's hard to get installs to grow at this elevation & climate (well, harder than just maintenance, anyhow). There are alot of wealthy homeowners in this town (ski resort) and I want to provide a professional looking service (clean employees, nice uniforms, trucks, equipment, etc) that is somewhat lacking in a town full of ski bums and $10 mow guys.

I've ordered some cards through Vistaprint.com- should be decent for the $ and I'm trying to save as much as possible while still looking professional- has anyone found a shirt & hat place on the web that lets you do small orders? It's just going to be me this year, so I don't want to go nuts- I'd like to hand a few out, but not 100- I'm looking for a decent polo shirt and a nice semi fitted hat. Also, in browsing through this site I found a link to a site that designs logos in an auction format- you set the price and people design for the $$$- I can't find the thread- anyone familiar with this? Thanks!!!!

GreenMachine102
03-21-2004, 02:42 PM
Hey, next time you get business cards go to NEBS.COM, they have great cards!!!!!, Raised ink, real fancy, and you order on the net, without sending payment, and in 3-4 days they will be at your door. THey bill you later! I ordered mine on a Monday at 3:00, and got them Friday afternoon, and I didn't even send any payment! THEY ARE GREAT, and they sell everything for your business!!

GOOD LUCK THIS SEASON!!!

precisioncut
03-21-2004, 10:38 PM
The best place for prices and small orders is usually a local shop. At least that is where I found the best price for my 12 T-shirts and hats.

newleaflandscape
03-26-2004, 10:32 PM
I agree go to the local embroidery. I was always going to order online and then I went to the local guy, and it turned out great. He needed some grading done on his lawn so we bardered and I got all of our stuff printed up free.

WAGS LandL
03-27-2004, 02:39 PM
I use NEBS.com for lots of stuff. My hats, sweatshirts and jackets.
They have no minimum on embroidery orders so when you need
something just call. I do use a local shop to get t-shirts screen
printed. They were cheaper and the min is only 6 so I don't have
to order a ton at once. (An advantage since it is just me.

Team Gopher
03-29-2004, 03:23 PM
Hi Mtnlawn,

Here is a site I found that may be helpful.

http://www.zazzle.com/create/custom/apparel_norm.asp

WeatherMan
03-29-2004, 04:06 PM
gemplers.com is a great place